motor won't initialize

baker55

Does anyone know why one motor on my Hexa won't initialize with the transmitter. If the transmitter battery is a little over 1/2 charged will that make a difference? It is the last motor #6. thanks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
b55
can't say but doubt it's the battery. did you build it? you could first check the solder joints for the motor/esc and if that doesn't get you anything you could try swapping wires with another motor but that involves breaking the solder joints loose and resoldering things.
let me sleep on it and i'll touch base in the AM.
bart

Crash

Defies Psychics
Bad solder job. Back in the air. Shaun

Here's one I fixed yesterday. The solder should flow through the hole and leave a fillet on each leg. The cap leg soldering on an MK distribution board and BLC is extremely important. In a worst case, a bad joint will bring the craft down AND fry every microchip on the I2C bus.

Do yourself a favor and check every joint.
View attachment 171

Attachments

• screenshot.310.jpg
    screenshot.310.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 214

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Here's one I fixed yesterday. The solder should flow through the hole and leave a fillet on each leg. The cap leg soldering on an MK distribution board and BLC is extremely important. In a worst case, a bad joint will bring the craft down AND fry every microchip on the I2C bus.

Do yourself a favor and check every joint.
View attachment 244

good advice for any copter that's been doing some flying. thanks for the heads up, i'll certainly give mine a close look since it came from the same place in ARF form.

DennyR

Been there and done that. Had it burst into flames whilst sitting on the ground aquiring sats. motors not even running. And yes, the soldering was perfect. Before changing to the Flyboard I had many BL problems. I now have better flight stability and the confidence of bullut proof ESC's. Currently using the Pulso 2826/12 - 760 Kv motors with 60Amp. Turnigy Plush. That's a very powerful quad package but when I checked with my favorite supplier Electriflite I see the Guv. Jeremy has builts his first heavy lift quad using even bigger motors. And his FC is also very interesting and very cheap. Check it out at www.electriflite.com