Motor upgrade (approx 600kV) recommendations sought for T680Pro (current EmaxMT3510)

Hi Guy's & Gals,

Looking for suggestions for the above as 3 of the 6 Emax MT3510's I have have started to show 'lateral play' between the upper & lower part of the motor after 2:46:45 in the air.
I'm assuming its in the bearings? but they run smooth, & can't find any info on replacememnts.

SO...what do people suggest? T-motor MT3506?, MT4008?, U3?, Tarot 4006?, KDE 3510XF-715?
I'm looking for servicable & good quality (which I thought these were, but out of suppliers 30 day warranty)
Currently using Tarot 1355 direct mount props BTW

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
That's a blown bearing..... that is the wear and tear part of the motor, it is easily damaged through hanger rash, running un balanced props, hitting anything but air, etc. cheap motors would have cheap bearings but so does over using them like there not big enough, or bad rpm range to fly in, etc.

Are you limited by prop size or voltage? why 600kv? how heavy is the rig AUW

AUW is 3850g inc 2x4S 5000 batteries.
Not limited to 600kV but have found the 'sweet spot' with the 1355 props.
Want to stick to 4S & these props.
I didn't think I was overloading these motors. I don't fly aggressively and most of this flight time has been basic hover/8's battery testing.
All props have been balanced as has the ships CoG?
What would you suggest, dropping kV slightly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm not sure what to suggest,,, the weight is light enough to make 4s doable, i just haven't messed with the motors your asking with 4s, only 6s..... the 3510 kde run strong on 13" props, the 4008 direction is geared more for bigger props usually to remain strong and efficient. t-motor 3510 is a strong motor too. Be careful with esc/motor selection cause alot of combos have been having problems lately, i'd even go as far as to suggest getting the same brand esc at the same time and sell of whats in it now.

I'm flying 4-5 lbs discos on 6s with the 400-500 kv. so there half the weight, less motors and more voltage on lower kv. it hovers at 8 amp and full forward flight does like 14 amps max,,,,

Just rechecked ships CoG and appears fine. However it is motor 2,3&4 that have issues (NazaMv2 left side)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
i get that from over weight and flying too hard all the time with tiger 3520 on a skyjib with an epic..... it can also happen from getting caught in wind with too much payload or one that's leverage makes it seem big

make sure if theres a gimbal that it's balanced well on the z axis

kloner

Aerial DP
pretty sure them esc's run anything.... i'd narrow it to t-motor or kde and research what the 13" prop on 4s at your weights numbers look like.... we use them both