Motor cut off delayed when tipped over

Greg

Like title says sticks to bottom inwards center doesnt cut motors when quad is tipped over.I semi recovered out of a death wobble(VRS).didnt land too hard but came down side ways and landed on its right side with right side arms holding touching ground As soon as touchdown i had sticks at the arm/disarm position but the motors were still twitching for about 5-6 seconds.I am going to try and see if i can recreate this with props off.This is the second time I have noticed this.When upright/level motors shut off almost immediately.When tipped over the motors wont power off,only after holding sticks for 5-6 seconds or more.That was a good experience though.I should have given forward pitch though.No damage:)

Specs:
Tarot 650
sunnysky 580KV
30amp multirotorsuperstore esc's
13'' 5.5 carbon T-style props
4s 5000 40c
Barebones no gear

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Do you have cut off mode set to immediate or intelligent? :)

Also, look for the source of your death wobble, that's not normal and usually caused by gains to low.

Greg

After researching the topic fliers said use to use intelligent as to decrease the chance of motors turning off during flight.I will set to immediate if this will remedy the problem.I think it may be the new props.It never happened with the 1355.Today with new 14x4.7 it happened (vrs)perhaps if If I learn to decend slower or on a angle I can keep using these props.I think the steeper pitch causes more turbulance under quad.The quad flys better overall with the longer steeper props though.I have 2 lipos charging and will be heading out shortly for more low level testing.I do have attitude gain set to 100 aswell as basic gains down 10/15% from default to make the sticks less twitchy.What do you suggest.Thanks for any advice.Another question about motor idle speed.I have set to lowest.I need tons of throttle to take off.Would setting this higher help?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
In intelligent it takes 3 seconds to turn off the motors. Immediate is immediate! :)

I have my idle speed on the middle setting (as per the manual).

Greg

I upped the gains 10%,and upped idle speed one notch in software.Charger just beeped.Well see.;)