MK replacement buzzer

FlyEYE

The lead busted on my buzzer and was going to buy a new one at a local electronics store but... there is no labeling on the MK buzzer. Any idea what the specs are on this thing? Is there a better one i should look into? Thanks.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The lead busted on my buzzer and was going to buy a new one at a local electronics store but... there is no labeling on the MK buzzer. Any idea what the specs are on this thing? Is there a better one i should look into? Thanks.

Someplace I had a couple links to replacements but of course now that I want them I can't find them...

I don't know the actual spec offhand, I'll see if I can dig up the links or some numbers on what the stock ones are.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Flyeye
If you go to the vendor area you can start a new thread in the quadrocopter.us area and Adam should get an email notice of your question and give you an answer. I'd think the voltage range you chose is appropriate but Adam will know for sure what it is and where to get it.
Regards,
Bart

FlyEYE

After buying a couple wrong buzzers I learned something about them, most require a "generator" (probably not the right terminology) to create the waveform for the buzzer to work. The MK buzzer just works directly with voltage applied. Read the specs very carefully as it's not obvious and the buzzers I bought looked exactly like the MK one, another thing to pay attention to ... does it run off DC or AC.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
and i thought they were all close enough to being the same as to be interchangeable.
once again, i defer to my most commonly used smiley :confused::confused::confused: (confused)
thanks for pointing that out FlyEYE.
the ones i bought are just plugged into the battery via the balancing tap and they monitor voltage. for a multi-copter like the XAircraft X650 that doesn't have the ability to monitor voltage, it's a handy thing to have onboard.
Bart