Mikrokopter MK FC Servo Outputs Power Handling

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am just getting to the endish of my ne ADX3HL build and wondered how much power the FC servo connections can SAFELY handle.

I am running the power to my Camera mount servos via a CC BEC powered from the dis board so I have no draw through the FC for them.

I have some LED's via an extension PCB powered from the Dis Board also.

The only thing powered by the servos on the FC is a Gentled trigger.

I would like to power some led's that will just come on at calibration and wondered I could run say 12 led's the type that come on a strip.

Is there any documentation anywhere which states the max amps/mah the FC can handle though its servo outputs

Dave

FC 2.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

I did read somewhere Dave that it was 300mA, but I could be wrong. It's a question on my mind as well at the moment along with 1,000,000 others ;)

Ross

ZAxis

I replaced the servo output RECOM 4.8v dc/dc converter with a TRACO 6.5v. This will handle 1A output current. Spec at this link

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/6664372/

If you drive the LEDs via the optional transistors on the power distribution board then the drive power comes directly from the LiPo and is switched by a low current from the servo outputs. In this case the power handling capacity of the servo drive circuit is not an issue.

So you can easily rival Blackpool by night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I replaced the servo output RECOM 4.8v dc/dc converter with a TRACO 6.5v. This will handle 1A output current. Spec at this link

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/6664372/

If you drive the LEDs via the optional transistors on the power distribution board then the drive power comes directly from the LiPo and is switched by a low current from the servo outputs. In this case the power handling capacity of the servo drive circuit is not an issue.

So you can easily rival Blackpool by night.

Yeh got that fitted.. I just wanted to turn on some orientation lights via a channel on my TX if needed.. Like the ones here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=knUYE841osk

I am trying to find out what they draw but its proving tricky!

Dave

ZAxis

If you want to know the current draw of the LEDS, why not just measure it with a multimeter set to DC amps or milliamps ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Coz I am stupid! Been shut in my shed way to long!

Off to check um out! (dumbwhit)!

Thanks ZAxis!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it's generally accepted theory that you are limited to six LED's on each of the two output channels, FWIW

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
it's generally accepted theory that you are limited to six LED's on each of the two output channels, FWIW

Morning Bart.

I am not on the LED switching plug but on one of the servo outputs. I have a PCB extension board running my main LED's I just wanted to get rid of a BEC and run the 5v LEDs from a servo output

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So my answer to this is to use a Hobbywing BEC and a servo switch relay so I do not compromise the FC supply, I just use the switching part of the FC and take all my power from the BEC connected to the Lipo circuit on the BL dis board.

Dave

Crash

Defies Psychics
Keep in mind that all the power going into the FC board passes through a single diode that is rated at just 1amp. (if I'm not mistaken)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Keep in mind that all the power going into the FC board passes through a single diode that is rated at just 1amp. (if I'm not mistaken)

Hi Crash.. thats why I am using a CC bec.

How cant hat handle a couple of bug servos like the two Savox on the AV130?