Mikrokopter Mikrokopter BL Ctrl 3.0

ovdt

Finally, MK has published a video about their upcoming BL Ctrl 3.0 ESC.

The products are ready to launch, so I think we will see them on sale very soon.

First thing I noticed was, there is no PDB this time. For Octo, all eight ESCs come in one piece. No need for solder work as much as before. But, what if one ESC fails? Will we change all of them?

After their ACC sensor upgrade, new flight controller V2.5 ME and finally with BL Ctrl 3.0, they will caught up the competition in terms of performance and capability.

Last edited by a moderator:

anaka

that's one of the best news of the year!!
do you think that this new BL 3.0 we need a new FC as well?
i have the 2.1 with new ACC upgrade on it (i suppose it should be like the 2.5 ME)

ovdt

that's one of the best news of the year!!
do you think that this new BL 3.0 we need a new FC as well?
i have the 2.1 with new ACC upgrade on it (i suppose it should be like the 2.5 ME)

FC 2.1 ME is not compatible with 6S without any modification. So, FC 2.5 ME is needed for 6S setup if you want your telemetry on your transmitter.

For 4S, it can be used but I don't see any advantage over BL Ctrl 2.0 other than active freewheeling. I'm not sure if this function is active in Bl Ctrl 3.0.

There are two ways of making FC 2.1 / FC 2.2 compatible with 6S. Both of them requires some good soldering skills. One of the ways is explained here. The idea behind this modification is: You supply a voltage to FC not more than 16.8V. You can use BEC for this. Than, you wirie the resistors which are used to measure the battery voltage so they can read the voltage on VAUX pad. And you solder the + wire of main Lipo voltage over this VAUX pad.

The only thing which remains unknown about BL Ctrl 3.0 is the price..