Manufacturer Forums??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Part of the reason for starting a site like this was to have different people flying different machines all together in one place so the best of each manufacturer could be shared and moved around to people flying other brands. Call it cross pollination if you'd like.
Having all the different brands together in one general discussions area was supposed to promote this. I'm thinking about it though and wondering, would it be better to have a general discussions area but also have an Ardukopter area, a Hoverfly area, a Mikrokoper area, etc??
What do you guys think about it?
Thanks,
Bart
I've changed my screen-name in case you haven't noticed.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
In a way you are correct in thinking of separation but in another way wrong. I like the cross over discussions. I am interested in everyones experiences as most of us here seem to be learning and ideas can come from other types of craft and controllers. I say... for now keep it the great mind melting pot it is.

Dave

Crash

Defies Psychics
Part of the reason for starting a site like this was to have different people flying different machines all together in one place so the best of each manufacturer could be shared and moved around to people flying other brands. Call it cross pollination if you'd like.
Having all the different brands together in one general discussions area was supposed to promote this. I'm thinking about it though and wondering, would it be better to have a general discussions area but also have an Ardukopter area, a Hoverfly area, a Mikrokoper area, etc??
What do you guys think about it?
I think that when such a change is necessary you won't have to ask. There will be a critical mass that will cause you to create a new forum and move threads. The AR Drone forum comes to mind. ;)

Bartman

Don't you worry, that AR Drone forums is about to ignite! I included that forum because I figured if we got the AR Drone folks in any kind of numbers they might not have the typical RC background so they might do better with their own area to get involved, figure things out, and then branch out into other multi-rotors. I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't had even one post there yet except for mine.
Anyone? Any closet AR Drone devotees out there that want to call the AR Drone forum home?

Bartman

I think that when such a change is necessary you won't have to ask. There will be a critical mass that will cause you to create a new forum and move threads. The AR Drone forum comes to mind. ;)

good points, we'll leave it alone for a while.
thanks,
bart

About the AR drone: this week end we have the 3rd french multirotor meeting near Paris (anyone wants to come ? :D) and we will have a guy from Parrot that will come :)
If you have some questions, fell free to contact me ;)

Bartman

About the AR drone: this week end we have the 3rd french multirotor meeting near Paris (anyone wants to come ? :D) and we will have a guy from Parrot that will come :)
If you have some questions, fell free to contact me ;)

Cedric,
Have fun this weekend. Ask the parrot guy to come join the site and get the AR Drone forum up and running. I thought about buying one myself but I don't have an IPhone.
Bart