Looking to upgrade from go pro imagery - and aerial mapping software

deepcaj

Hello all,

Firstly, can anyone point me in the right direction regarding upgrading from a "go pro" camera to a more comprehensive multifunctional replacement? Secondly, are there any recommended software packages in consolidating aerial imagery into the desktop mapping capability. I'm currently flying a T810 so there is plenty of scope for a heavier camera, or so I believe?

Many thanks

Regards

AJ

kloner

Aerial DP
the next "real" step is lumix, at this point gh4, there is also a nice mirrorless sony 4k coming up, is alot more and the lenses aren't quite as nice imo....

gh3 does awesome if all you need is 1080p and with the 4k offerings coming, there should be a few used gh3 starting to go up for sale like at ebay

I'm not sure about the whole gps integration but i know it can be done with any camera as long as you can log the coordinates like apm does

deepcaj

the next "real" step is lumix, at this point gh4, there is also a nice mirrorless sony 4k coming up, is alot more and the lenses aren't quite as nice imo....

gh3 does awesome if all you need is 1080p and with the 4k offerings coming, there should be a few used gh3 starting to go up for sale like at ebay

I'm not sure about the whole gps integration but i know it can be done with any camera as long as you can log the coordinates like apm does

Thanks for the information.

Ronan

Same boat as you deepcaj (same multi too).

I'm thinking GH4 is the next step honestly.

What's more interesting is all the other sensors you can carry. I'm currently looking at field mapping via GPS and thermal imaging. Plenty of options out there depending what you do.

What's nice with the GH4 is you can stick a small telephoto lens and then can do inspections of power-lines from further away which is always safer.