Learning to fly

Trevcharl

I was very nervous when first taking to the air, resulting in some real bad crashes. I cracked two arms, but I found a plastic glue which restored the strength. These repairs survived subsequent crashes. Then some one mentioned it would be pertinent to practice with a flight simulator first. I battled to find an appropriate one, eventually I found one on an Android playstore.
Needless to say I crashed the flight simulator's drone many times, it gives you a report of all the damages too! But it starts you off every time with a new drone.....phew!
It has a mode2 controller, touch screen joysticks, you fly around a factory where there are narrow passages, and overhead beams, a bit further along you have some scattered trees. The give you missions to complete, and time you. At first it took me quite a long time, then it was a matter of seconds. It has telemetering, showing you height above ground and the direction you are pointing, something I found to be essential when the machine is out of sight. You chose the view, either fpv (With or without 2axis gimbals) or ground view or a view from behind the copter.
Now when I fly, I am not so nervous, you see it takes nearly two months to get anything from the suppliers here, so one has to be careful. In a way this flight simulator makes you aware of the essentials one needs to fly with confidence After trying all the various apps presented, the best one for reality, is called "QuadcopterFX Simulator" it is free and without those annoying adverts. Now that I have received my controller, there is a simulator I can download on my desktop that uses the actual controller. I wll give you some feedback on that one, once I have tried it.