Karbonic 60Six Y6 with 360 Pan Gimbal?

At the Moment there is not a 360 Degree Pan Kit that does NOT induce lots of vibes.

So I don't think it would be wise to use one at the moment.

-John Wood

dolby

Needs more bacon!
CineStar has a 360 gimbal that excludes vibes. Expensive as heck, but people get it to hang their RED Epics from. Would be nice if there was a less expensive option for a 2 man operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

With our Y-6 Builds we have been able to get really smooth Panning Video with the Wookong-M Dialed in in GPS lock.

-John W.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Yeah smooth pans with DJI, WKM and Hoverfly are very obtainable , although thats not really the point of a 360 mount. You can do some pan motions not possible or maybe I should say not easily possible with out a 360 mount (with the pilot doing some arc movements while the 360 mount is panning). It also allows 2 people to work together to really achieve something cool.

Thats my opinion anyways. The current price of most of these 360 gimbals for me it isn't worth the little extra you get out of it. Heck the CineStar 360 setup is more expensive than the frame it self.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed,

At some point we will work on this as an add-on feature to the TLG-1 Landing gear.

With a High-End Bearing System.

-John W.

Macsgrafs

Yeah smooth pans with DJI, WKM and Hoverfly are very obtainable , although thats not really the point of a 360 mount. You can do some pan motions not possible or maybe I should say not easily possible with out a 360 mount (with the pilot doing some arc movements while the 360 mount is panning). It also allows 2 people to work together to really achieve something cool.

Thats my opinion anyways. The current price of most of these 360 gimbals for me it isn't worth the little extra you get out of it. Heck the CineStar 360 setup is more expensive than the frame it self.

Exactly why I use a camera operator, leaving me free to fly my octo more smoothly & also allow for panning shots whilst still flying in the same direction. A mount without 360 rotation is playing at it & there are certain shots that directors want...that you can NOT get without the 360 pan.

Ross

Exactly why I use a camera operator, leaving me free to fly my octo more smoothly & also allow for panning shots whilst still flying in the same direction. A mount without 360 rotation is playing at it & there are certain shots that directors want...that you can NOT get without the 360 pan.

Ross

Macsgrafs,
What is your setup? I see that you have a Droidworx SJ8 in your signature. Can you elaborate? Thanks!

Macsgrafs

Macsgrafs,
What is your setup? I see that you have a Droidworx SJ8 in your signature. Can you elaborate? Thanks!

My camera gimbal is an askman mount (from about 4 years ago), its quite slow, but I use a FY30A as a stabiliser on it & the Mrs flies the gimbal with a DX7.
Nothing fancy, but I might have to upgrade...just waiting on a sheet of 2.5mm carbon fibre so that I can mount my retracts.

Ross

llbr22

What gimbal controller can compensate for flight movement while using 360 motion?
Thanks

We are Very Close!

Just waiting for Final Hardware and finishing up on the Pricing.

Should have it all Ready in about a Week or So.

Hang in there Guys!

Cheers, John W.

Macsgrafs

We are Very Close!

Just waiting for Final Hardware and finishing up on the Pricing.

Should have it all Ready in about a Week or So.

Hang in there Guys!

Cheers, John W.

John, where can I find out about the mount...any blurb kicking about online somewhere?

Ross

Just Received 30 pounds of Carbon Fiber Art!

This is a test fit of the Karbonic-TLG-1 Landing Gear for the Karbonic-60Six and KArbonic-600X CF Multicopter Air Frames.

As can be seen from the Photos I don't have the Proper Stand-Offs yet so this is just a Press fitting.

Looks awesome! Just waiting for the Rest of the Hardware and I will Post Photos and Pricing Soon!

Cheers, John Wood
Owner AddictiveRC, LLC
View attachment 2994View attachment 2995

Attachments

• ADDRC_TLG_1_Mock_UP_1 001.jpg
    ADDRC_TLG_1_Mock_UP_1 001.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 350
  • ADDRC_TLG_1_Mock_UP_1 003.jpg
    ADDRC_TLG_1_Mock_UP_1 003.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 386