Is there a multicopters anonymous I can join?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
OK, I have to admit, I'm an addict and I need help ;)

I just sold one of my big gasser heli's and turned around and did an alacarte order of enough Mikrokopter bits to assemble my idea of the ultimate FPV quad. Of course it has to have full GPS navigation capability so I can sit back and let the MK do the flying if I choose, within the GPS limited range of course, but also have the ability to just fly outbound for a ways and then hit the come home switch and let it find its own way back while I watch the scenery go by :D

Fortunately most of the expensive electronic bits I already have, like the 2.1 ME flight controller board, all of the FPV gear, a fresh set of motors, a complete power distribution board populated with BL controllers, and some other odds and ends, so the bottom line cost is roughly what I would have spent on something like an Xaircraft 650, quite reasonable for what I'll wind up with I think.

Now to figure out how to explain the appearance of another quad in the workshop to the wife...:eek:

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i agree, hide the old one. or fasten it to a light fixture and say it's a new ceiling fan.

Crash

Defies Psychics
Fortunately most of the expensive electronic bits I already have, like the 2.1 ME flight controller board, all of the FPV gear, a fresh set of motors, a complete power distribution board populated with BL controllers, and some other odds and ends, so the bottom line cost is roughly what I would have spent on something like an Xaircraft 650, quite reasonable for what I'll wind up with I think.

Don't forget the force feedback joystick controller and the magnetic head tracker. ;)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just told my good lady it was going to get photos that would pay for a holiday... didnt tell her it cost three holidays to buy!! oh and counting!

Crash

Defies Psychics
If she finds out, I feel sorry for you.

Don't ask! Don't tell!

When confronted, admit to nothing until your Attorney is present. If you are tortured then only 'admit' that you are repairing it and test flying it for some anonymous guy in South Jersey.

Remember, always plan ahead. Plan purchases so they arrive on Friday and have the driver place them behind the shop. Keep a secret stash of food and water in your shop that will carry you through the weekend. Be prepared to secure the door(s) at a moments notice. In addition; blankets, pillows, coffee, and beer, can provide certain comforts during those most trying of times.

I hope that helps. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Be prepared to secure the door(s) at a moments notice. In addition; blankets, pillows, coffee, and beer, can provide certain comforts during those most trying of times.

you left out wi-fi, absolutely indispensable :cool: