Immersion RC Vortex, Any Reviews from owners?

Enzo6212

Just about to jump into the FPV fray and trying to decide on the right ship. ImmersionRC's Vortex seems pretty solid and complete. Anyone have any experience or advice on the Vortex. I've read about a few early version problems (that have been fixed). Thanks in advance for anyones input.

TomWolves

Tom Wolves
Enzo6212, I myself am thinking about purchasing the Immersion Vortex 250 pro. I can't seem to find any good information on this forum. I thought RMRC ( Ready Made RC) said to go to this forum for questions, perhaps not! I know Ready Made RC is a number 1 tier for help for the Vortex, soon as I get ready I will probably purchase from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I actually like the design of the Hyperion Vengeance better. More compact inner frame design and a little protection for the motors in the mount design. If I were going to buy one of the two it wold be the Vengeance.

fltundra

The worst part about it all is ImmersionRC mods are deleting all negative posts leaving unsuspecting buyers out in the cold.
Here's an example. And I also sent a email to Tim and am waiting for a response as to why this is allowed on his forum site..

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?46122-EZOSD-V2-or-new-OSD&goto=newpost
---Quote (Originally by fltundra)---
RU kidding!! I and many others have posted questions only to be ignored. You would think ImmerssionRC would learn something from TBS as far as proper customer support.... Nope, not a chance.:)
---End Quote---
(Originally by ssassen)---
Rest assured that questions that we can answer will be answered. So what was the question again?

---Quote (Originally by cowpoos)---
You should have a look in the Immersionrc - support forum. Thats where people go to get your support....They don't find it though. Me...I've just about sold the thousands of dollars worth of **** I purchased from your company...because it doesn't work like advertised or its faulty. We are told by dealers to come to this website for support.
---End Quote---
im with cowpoo on this. little over a year ago I bought the TBS version ezosd. bought through my local hobby store. sure it was simple to set up but it was total **** from day one. current sensor was the only display of correct info. the alttitude was not even ballpark, the distance well it was pretty close ill give it that, when you hovered the home direction arrow couldn't make up its mind where the home was and if the flite lasted longer than 8mins the whole osd shut down. I still had picture but absolutely no info displayed at all. none. went back to the store and they sent me to this lab for support. I posted a thread on this problem and get a representative who replies " sounds like something is heating up "!!!!!!! and THAT was my only support from IMRC. well holy **** SHERLOCK you figured it out!!!!! I sure hope that individual was promoted to president of your company!!!! boy he sure was a f----in genius!!!!! I swore never to buy your junk ever again and against my b!
etter judgement what did I do? bought a duo 2400 vrx. guess what? apparently your channels don't quite get along with other vtx's using the very same channels. WTF?

---Quote (Originally by ssassen)---
Rest assured that questions that we can answer will be answered. So what was the question again?
---End Quote---
I call BS on this one because as of late I have been answering a ton of questions on the IRC support forums because none of the IRC stuff would give a hoot.

Yep and the saga continues,yeah great support from immersion.....NOT,i had to send email directly to one of the co founders to get my problems not fixed,yeah not fixed,but and get told to come here for support and so called sassen and swillhide cant be bothered with it,i speak only of the jr module 200mw of rubbish,false advertising in regards to output.really good product testing on that one i can tell you.....put your money else where guys.
***************Quote (Originally by ssassen)---
Oh my, such hostility, I'll leave this here:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?13634-Looking-for-support-Here-s-where-you-start!
---End Quote---
Doesn't sound like 'His Royal Sassiness" likes being on the receiving end. Good to see a larger market where you can get support without being insulted.
THIS (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?46197-THE-TBS-CROSSFIRE-UHF-EXCHANGE) looks like a good way to unload some crap.

cleardot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
What people don't understand is that FPVlab.com is basically a shill for ImmersionRC, ReadyMadeRC, and a few others. that's why they delete the posts and why problems go unresolved. I had a problem with an EZUHF (that wasn't EZ) where the software didn't work with Windows 8. The owner of ImmersionRC (His Royal Sassiness) insisted that it would work but I just recently received an update from the site that it's still being discussed and people are still having problems. My original 5.8 Duo receiver also had issues and Sandor gave me a bunch of attitude about it, not very mature of him at all but he's making money hand over fist so why should he care about one guy?

For what it's worth, MultiRotorForums.com isn't a shill for anyone. If you have a problem with something you can come here and discuss it provided you remain objective and fair. People will never seem to learn that manufacturer based forums will always be biased in favor of the manufacturer or vendor when it's the customer that has paid and deserves a quality product that works.

fltundra

People will never seem to learn that manufacturer based forums will always be biased in favor of the manufacturer or vendor when it's the customer that has paid and deserves a quality product that works.

Hard lesson learned. At least one manufacturer cares about his customers. TBS, Trappy have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. It's nice knowing that someone actually gives a s**t about their products and answers questions and concerns in a timely manner.:)