I tethered my drone to a battery on the ground.

photojunky

I thought I had more wire but maybe it was a good thing I didn't. I like the simple concept and don't think it is necessary to spend a fortune on an already built system.

ozzy

use an extension cord from homedepot next time ...

does this mean if your tethered you done require a 107 permit to fly commerically

photojunky

use an extension cord from homedepot next time ...

does this mean if your tethered you done require a 107 permit to fly commerically
I was wondering the same thing. You wouldn't think so since it can't go more than a couple of hundred feet.

ozzy

I would set up the propulsion system to be compatable with a portable generator, most cheap gas generators will pump out 12vlts DC and 110vAC , otherwise clip it to your cars battery and let the motor idle to keep the main lead battery charged. usually lead acid will run at 13.8 with the alternator feeding it juice.

I would find a high quality spool of speaker wire and see how many watts your ship pulls thru that cord. the bird will weigh less and have a high power to wieght ratio which is good for filming in high winds.

this would be great for security monitoring. just set your NAZA fc to gps and park the bird for hours on end at a fixed location