Hoverfly HoverflyGimbal / single remote

yksili

Hi,

i (may) have a stupid question, i'm not a electronics expert and also a noob in the microcopter universe. I recently bought the Hoverfly Gimbal, went through the Docs and Videos and the most of the stuff is (from what i know right now) pretty clear, except one thing: What happens if you are the pilot and the Cam operator? Dealing with two remotes is pretty tricky ;-)

Is it possible to connect the Hoverfly Gimbal to the MK FlightCtrl (v2.1, stabilizing features for nick/roll disabled) instead of a second receiver? Would be nice if i could use at least nick from my "pilot" remote...

Thanks in advance

Chris

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You need to setup the HF gimbal to be automatic on roll and overridable on tilt. Then plug in a channel straight from your RX, not the MK, into the gimbal board. When you switch over to a dual operator all channels will come from your 2nd rx. This is normally not an issue unless you have a 360 setup, then the wire coming from the MK's main rx will tangle if you turn too much. I thought the MK had pretty good gimbal control?

yksili

Oh well, sometimes you don't see the wood for the trees ;-)

Yes, the MK gimbal control is ok so far but i hope to get better results from the HoverflyGimbal, also, i have now a 360 setup and looked for a way to switch easily between one or two operator mode. Thanks for your quick response and support!

Chris