HobbyKing USA Warehouse...

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Canadians beware of HobbyKing USA Warehouse shipping costs:

Buying a $20 ESC from HobbyKing International warehouse will cost you $22 c/w shipping, customs/excise etc.
But buying the same ESC from HobbyKing USA warehouse will cost you $50 including shipping, customs/excise etc.

HobbyKing USA offers only courier shipping across the US border despite many recommendations by neighboring customers to offer US Post/Parcel services.
View attachment 17741
View attachment 17740

It seems to imply that HobbyKing USA is not interested in selling outside of USA territory.

Attachments

• bad.JPG
    bad.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 251
  • good.JPG
    good.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Guess again... I used to run a small but international electronic repair business...... it's a failure by some businesses to make an effort to find less costly shipping arrangements for their foreign clients as well as a federal government issue with border restrictions.
Note that this issue does not exist between western European countries and many others.

Maybe the human costs in USA is higher than other area....:nevreness:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm getting fed up with hobbyking as well....i just filed two paypal disputes for my two radio shipments that have gone MIA from HK.

For those expecting to be able to keep an eye on their parcel tracking from HobbyKing HongKong via Malaysia.... please be aware that the Malaysian parcel tracking does not work!
The good news is that most of those items will one day suddenly be delivered much to my great surprise just yesterday re: a small BGC order.
This is a step back to the old purchase/shipment in good faith concept!!!

Hoping your parcel(s) arrive soon.

i'm getting fed up with hobbyking as well....i just filed two paypal disputes for my two radio shipments that have gone MIA from HK.

econfly

I'm in the U.S., and if I buy from their U.S. warehouse things work fairly well and delivery time is short. International stuff is all over the map, however, and the "Malaysian Post" is pretty much a black box, with delivery time of several weeks at least with no meaningful tracking available.

I placed two orders from Hobbyking one week ago today. One from the international warehouse and one from the USA warehouse. I instantly received notification that the order from the international warehouse had shipped, thereby preventing cancellation of the order. There is no tracking information from the Malaysian postal tracking site, it states that the parcel is not found. The USA order has still not shipped after 7 days, all items were and still are "In Stock". I will never order from Hobbyking again, it's just not worth the frustration. Their customer service is completely useless as well, they apparently have no more information than the Hobbyking website provides directly to the customer.

I did get this incredibly helpful email yesterday from "Checker Robot" regarding the USA order.

This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #308.
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Wow, thanks "Checker Robot".

SoCal Blur

I have ordered a few items from both the International Warehouse and the USA Warehouse. The advantages to the USA Warehouse is that shipping rates are much more reasonable. delivery is much, much faster than the International Warehouse. The downside is that the USA Warehouse takes like a week before the item ships. And you do get those annoying emails that tell you that they haven't shipped anything yet but just want you to know that they're double checking everything! LOL Also, the USA Warehouse has a limited inventory. That said, I've never had a problem receiving any item in good condition from either warehouse. But if you want something quickly, then HK is not the place to go.

I got a tracking number today from the USA order I placed over a week ago so I guess that's progress anyway. It's just frustrating to have to wait so long. They're sending me a transmitter that I need to fly my new F450. It's the last thing I need to get in the air!!!

jer

I've had a okay experience for my first time buying from HK, am item was on back order so I waited a bit but no ETA. I pulled the back ordered item and my stuff shipped the next day.

My 2nd order was for ESCs which I forgot to add the correct qty in the first order, shipped for USPS was a bit higher 8 dollars when I know they would have fit in the small box from USPS for 5.15, guess they are making up for the ebay fee perhaps.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I placed two orders from Hobbyking one week ago today. One from the international warehouse and one from the USA warehouse. I instantly received notification that the order from the international warehouse had shipped, thereby preventing cancellation of the order. There is no tracking information from the Malaysian postal tracking site, it states that the parcel is not found. The USA order has still not shipped after 7 days, all items were and still are "In Stock". I will never order from Hobbyking again, it's just not worth the frustration. Their customer service is completely useless as well, they apparently have no more information than the Hobbyking website provides directly to the customer.

I did get this incredibly helpful email yesterday from "Checker Robot" regarding the USA order.

This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #308.
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Wow, thanks "Checker Robot".

That's "Mister" Checker Robot to you.....

Well here in Australia the shipping from the International store is really good and usually only a few more days than from the local warehouse and well priced I might add. I am now up to 128 orders and have only had minor problems all of which have been sorted pretty well, I have saved many dollars on many items, particularly bulk small parts that are $5 for four from the local hobby shop and $2 for fifty from Hobby King, very helpful fur building as many MR's as I do.

Pete

The original posting was concerning USA warehouse issues only. I have dozens of orders from HK International warehouse with virtually no issues except for slower delivery but that was a personal choice so as to save money. And savings have been significant such that I continue to shop there.