Hi from Qatar

Sequin

Hi everybody, I'm Cristiani in Doha, Qatar originally from Miami, Fl USA, living and working in the Middle East now as a commercial photographer. Nice to see so many people at the multi rotor forum. SMP is my partner, we have a skyjib and just converted an AD6 to a coaxial X8. Nice to meet everyone! :tennis:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi everybody, I'm Cristiani in Doha, Qatar originally from Miami, Fl USA, living and working in the Middle East now as a commercial photographer. Nice to see so many people at the multi rotor forum. SMP is my partner, we have a skyjib and just converted an AD6 to a coaxial X8. Nice to meet everyone! :tennis:

Welcome on board Sequin.

As your partner will have found we are a helpful bunch.

I see you are a DroidWorx flier, why not post somne pictures of your set ups in the DroidWorx forum here.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Droidworx-Discussion-Forum

Is always nice to see what other fellow fliers are up to.

Would be nice to see some of your work to.

All the best and enjoy your stay

Dave

Sequin

Thanks! I posted a few pics, will be shooting the coax this week before we fly it for the first time, apparently assembling escs and motors while drinking is not a good idea, we had to go redo a bunch of the incorrect wiring but now looks like everything is working perfectly, can't wait to take it up in the air.

ovdt

Sequin, how do you copters handle hot weather there? For photography, the result is not nice when the pictures are taken pictures at noon time; so I'm assuming you're not flying that much at noon time.

In summer time, I think it gets like 45-50 celcius degrees there? What FC and ESCs do you use?

Thanks.

Sequin

Thanks for the warm welcome Droider, I added pics to an album but given I can't find it again guessing no one else will so here are a few I have of the H8 build, well it's really pics of the cat.. but I'm going to shoot all our birds in the studio so it looks nice, will post when I have it. ovdt, ya last year hottest days were around 54 C, then you can add to that the fact that there is no breeze whatsoever here and 90% humidity in the summer so ya... will be fun testing the birds this summer. FC Naza for the smaller birds w 30amp DJI and Wookong Maytach 45 for the X8 and 65 amp on the skyjib. Will see how unbearable this summer gets... cheers. And HI hon! Looks like you found me first ;) View attachment 11080 View attachment 11081View attachment 11082View attachment 11083

Attachments

• Coax1.jpg
    Coax1.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Coax2.jpg
    Coax2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Coax3.jpg
    Coax3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Khalua and the Coaxial Build s.jpg
    Khalua and the Coaxial Build s.jpg