Hi from Maryland

Danub

Whats up guys,
I'm Sean. . . Living around Baltimore, Md. for right now.
I have been in RC for 5-6 years. . . . BIG into FPV since '11. . . . Playing with multirotors for about a year.
I am cruising along what seems to be the natural progression from fun RC to "hopefully" more of a professional AP/AV area. But honestly I am more worried about having fun and learning for right now. I am really hoping to learn more about multis as well as gimbals and camera stabilization.
Here are some pic's of my current multirotor builds, maybe later I will dig up some pic's of some of my ritewings.
QAV500 W/CC3D
View attachment 9296
Next level Y6 W/X468 gimbal flying a Quadrino Multiwii
View attachment 9293View attachment 9294View attachment 9295

UAP1 W/RustiCWave gimbal holding a Nex 5n, flown by NAZA
View attachment 9298View attachment 9297

I hope to have bunches of fun and learn a bit here ;)

ohh and a multi FPV video link if U like. . . https://vimeo.com/54905972 (parental advisory explicit lyrics)

Attachments

• DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 291
  • G0010034.jpg
    G0010034.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 272

Kilby

Hey Danub,

Welcome to the board. It's nice to see another Baltimore resident flying some cool airframes! I've been organizing some folks in the area to do some fly-ins real soon. Let me know if you would like to join us. We have a meetup board at http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-Drones/

-Terry

Danub

Hey Danub,

Welcome to the board. It's nice to see another Baltimore resident flying some cool airframes! I've been organizing some folks in the area to do some fly-ins real soon. Let me know if you would like to join us. We have a meetup board at http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-Drones/

-Terry

Thanks Man. . . IF I am in town on the 9th I will stop on down. . . . It is tough for me to commit until I get a little closer time wise. (silly work n stuff)
I am by no means a CC3D expert but would gladly try to help out in any way i can. . . . What type of airframe are you flying the CC3d on?

Kilby

Awesome, Sounds good. The space we are having the first meetup at is pretty cool. They have everything there... 3D printer, 2 CNC machines, metal lathe, all the presses and saws you could think of, and the owner is pumped on making some cool airframes there.

I've got my CC3D on a 550 size carbon fiber x-quad. It used to be an x-aircraft kit, but it's all stripped down now with my own electronics and it's super light weight. It works for now, but I've got plans to build a new FPV craft at the meetup. One of my own design that I can show you if we link up sometime.

Did you just move to the area?

Danub

Very cool. . . If work permits I will be there.
Yeah, I moved back to baltimore after 6 years in Ventura, Ca. I grew up in B-more so the town is not really new to me ;)

Squintz

Danub,

I recognize the old golf course in that video. I have played there a few times. The old Mt Vista Golf Course. What is it now?

I bet Rocky Point Golf Course would make for really beautiful shots.

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Danub

@Squintz. . . you got it!!
Now it is a county park W/ some soccer fields and such. . . Great place to fly and no-one has bothered me. I just don't fly if there is Soccer going on and haven't had an issue at all ;)