Hexa error code

moslow

Hi all, Got my new Hexa xl on thursday, wooowhooo...Just finished all wiring and fired her up and all motors initalize and leds all come on and then I get beeps 2 quick and 2 a bit slower and when I hooked up MK tool it says 4.3 "no FC communication "
and to check 10 and 6 pin pads and make sure of soldiering. On 10 pin the top was soldiered but on bottom they were just pinched down and touching pads, I soldiered them and no change. I'm kinda stuck there so any help would be great. Thanks jamie

FOX222

Hi Jamie,
I take it you bought it in arf form? Yes those are suppose to be soldered. Do you have the navi and gps also? If you can post some photos of the board and the way you are connecting the mkusb to it would help alot.

moslow

picts

Yes arf,navi,gps in the first pict, the empty 10 pin is where i hooked up ribbon to mktool board to usb. Thanks fox for any info you can give.......jamie

Attachments

• 100_3362 [1024x768].jpg
    100_3362 [1024x768].jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_3363 [1024x768].jpg
    100_3363 [1024x768].jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 168

moslow

Hi Jamie,
I take it you bought it in arf form? Yes those are suppose to be soldered. Do you have the navi and gps also? If you can post some photos of the board and the way you are connecting the mkusb to it would help alot.

Forgot to say The green light on Gps is on, flashing green on compass, Red and dim green on navi stay on, red and green on fc stay on...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
jamie,
disconnect the navi and gps boards then hook up mk tool again directly to the FC. did you also power up the power-dist board before connecting it to anything to make sure the BL's all functioned properly?
also, the six pin connectors to my navi board were loose and would vibrate free of the board. if any of those connectors are loose at all you have to figure out a way to secure them in place.
bart

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
just rec'd from moslow
Now were getting somewhere.It hooked up and all looks good for fc but error says- no receiver signal. I'm not sure i have it pluged in to right 1 I have in Batt 1. I have the JR R1221 DSM2 multilink receiver system it has 3 sattilite receivers along with main. Thanks bart.. jamie

jamie,
i'm not familiar with that receiver but with the JR receivers you only need to wire up the satellites and not the main receiver component itself. you can either wire one satellite directly to the flight control or use the Diversity board and use up to four satellites but the wire connections are different between the two options.

moslow

Ok I will check that out..Thank you very much ....jamie

just rec'd from moslow
Now were getting somewhere.It hooked up and all looks good for fc but error says- no receiver signal. I'm not sure i have it pluged in to right 1 I have in Batt 1. I have the JR R1221 DSM2 multilink receiver system it has 3 sattilite receivers along with main. Thanks bart.. jamie

jamie,
i'm not familiar with that receiver but with the JR receivers you only need to wire up the satellites and not the main receiver component itself. you can either wire one satellite directly to the flight control or use the Diversity board and use up to four satellites but the wire connections are different between the two options.