Help with first real drone!

Joellind

Hi!

I've been longing for a drone for long and finally decided to buy a real drone! I already own multiple small toy drones and now i want to go for something bigger. I have some requirements, as decent flying time and capable of fpv with GoPro. I've got a budget of around 400 dollars maximum, is it possible to build a decent drone with this budget? If so, you could anyone help me find commonly used and good parts? Preferably from hobbyking and their EU warehouse since I live in Sweden. I've been looking at hobbyking myself but it's just a complete jungle...

Thanks for any help
Joel

I always recommend a flame wheel 450 for a first larger size drone. Kits with motors, ESC's and FC are pretty cheap and its a decent drone that's easy to build. There are tons of you tube videos that show how to build one and I think there's even a complete build log for one on this forum. Don't forget to budget for a radio as well. If not that then you can get a basic DJI phantom 2 for $400 with a radio.

Ourection

When you talk about GoPro, suddenly it remind me about Karma drones from GoPro, maybe they could do something to improve the product following the recall issues. I am a big fan of gopro actually ;). I am also looking for real drone, before this i just play around with cheap drones made from China. Just to get the feel before buying a real one.

johnq816

Sometimes building a drone may take more cost if you are not very good at it. I suggest buying a durable RTF drone to practice and fly at first. You can take a look at VIFLY R220, really nice design with clean look and incredible durability.