Help using digital channels on Futaba 14SG

cbuk

I'm getting totally confused trying to get 14 channels out of my Futaba 14SG radio. The radio gives 12 full proprotional channels and 2 additional digital (on/off) channels.

I running the 14 SG with two R7008SB receivers. The primary receiver connects to the SBUS of my WKM, an additional servo lead runs from port 8 of the first receiver to my Droidworx retracts. No problems here.

I have a second receiver on a zenmuse gimbal and everything almost works as I want it. The second receiver is set up in Mode C.
Port 1 (channel 9) of the second receiver connects to the tilt port on zenmuse controller.
Port 2 (channel 10) of the second receiver connects to the pan port on zenmuse controller.
Port 3 (channel 11) of the second receiver connects to the mode port on zenmuse controller.
Port 4 (channel 12) of the second receiver connects to the shuuter port on the zenmuse controller.

These all work fine and the zenmuse responds to radio inputs.

My problems start when trying to map the zenmuse forward/down function to one of my remaining two digital channels. If I connect port 5 (logic tells me it should be channel 13) of the second receiver to the AUX 2 port of the zenmuse, it doesnt work. When I check in the zenmuse assistant software, the forward/down slider is in the middle and doesnt respond when I flick the switch assignged to digital channel 1.

I'm kind of stumped as to what to do to solve the problem. How can I get my digital channels to work with the zenmuse or WKM? Are there any other Futaba users that could help me get my head around programming/mapping the digital channels? Do otheres use the digital channels?

Thanks

Electro 2

There's a huge string of posts on this very subject over the last few days in the other forum's 14SG thread. It involves using a gang of 3rd party S.bus decoders as the two "digital" channels only appear on the S.bus. I haven't tried this yet on mine, but I've pretty much resolved in my frame of reference that the 14SG is really a 12 channel radio. And yes, I'll be using a second R7008 on my set-up, too.

cbuk

There's a huge string of posts on this very subject over the last few days in the other forum's 14SG thread. It involves using a gang of 3rd party S.bus decoders as the two "digital" channels only appear on the S.bus. I haven't tried this yet on mine, but I've pretty much resolved in my frame of reference that the 14SG is really a 12 channel radio. And yes, I'll be using a second R7008 on my set-up, too.

Thanks Electro, not what I wanted to hear but kind of what I expected. I was worried the 14SG has in reality only 12 usable channels. Back to the drawing board!