Hello from the Hudson Valley of NY

woomdawg

Just found this forum and wanted to introduce myself ..hi. New to mutirotor or anything that flies for that matter. I am looking to build my first fpv quad and i am hoping to learn a lot from this comminity.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
What's up Dawg? Welcome to Multirotorforums.com. I think you'll find plenty of helpful folks here - always willing to lend a hand.

Have you ordered up all your components? Just sketching out the plan? Give us some details and keep us updated. We love pics!

Have fun and fly safe.

woomdawg

As of right now I am still planning and reasearching. I was going to start with a mico Hubsan fpv quad but after i started looking at what is out there I am just going to jump in with both feet and learn on something real. I will start with a Diatone white sheep frame http://www.amazon.com/Diatone-White...948&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=diatome+white+sheep Clearly a clone of the TBS. From there I am not really sure yet. All of the flight controller are very interesting but I am leaning to the APM arducopter board. From there it is up in the air. no pun intended.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Make sure you get deep into the research for the APM. It offers more features than almost any option out there for the money - but it comes at the cost of a fairly steep learning curve.

Sounds like you've got some fun in your future :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dawg! Dawg! Dawg!

sorry, nothing like a good dawg chant to get the day going

when you say FPV are talking about racing or just tooling around? the reason I ask is that the APM system can be a little clunky size-wise for a racer quad.

welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!

woomdawg

Dawg! Dawg! Dawg!

sorry, nothing like a good dawg chant to get the day going

when you say FPV are talking about racing or just tooling around? the reason I ask is that the APM system can be a little clunky size-wise for a racer quad.

welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!
I was thinking the same thing. I like the small form factor of the CC3D and naze32. No racing, well no racing planned at this time. I don't even think there is any of that going on around here. I want all the bells and whistles like GPS and a really good FPV camera because that will probably be my only camera. From there who knows o_O. I have zero flight experience so this should all be interesting.

woomdawg

Well you guys said you liked pictures..so here's a video !! This is my other hobby..well one of the other ones.

I am a Subaru technician. I also build and overclock pc's and play way to many PC games and go wheeling when ever the budget allows it lol. That's my jeep and he is my battle buddy his name is Rattlehead, I feed him a diet of heavy metal and mud. :) In return he gets me where I need to go no matter what.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think you'd have room for larger FC if you end up going with a frame the size of the TBSDiscovery.

Like @Bartman said, If you end up with something smaller like a racer size (250mm) then you'll want to go the tiny FC route. Plenty of options, plenty of fun to be had.