Hello All

NotWingingIt

Well, new to drones, bought a Visuo quad (Mavic clone) nearly 3 years ago, surprisingly robust considering the crashes into solid objects it's had, but obviously just a toy really.
So decided to build a bespoke one from scratch, had to be a hex and big.
I bought lots of carbon tubes and sheet, Tarot 4006 620kv motors, 13 x 5.5 carbon props, 30A ESC, DJi Naza M lite w/gps, did all the designing and made alloy motor mounts.
Then stuck everything in a drawer and forgot about it for 2 years till about a month ago.
The bespoke build got dropped as bonding carbon fibre tubes to carbon sheet was a major PITA I discovered.
So I trawled the eBay and found a Tarot FY690s frame, nice and cheap from the place that nice and cheap stuff comes from and also bought all the rest of the ingredients to build the thing.
Fast forward 3 weeks...

IMG_0845.JPG

I flashed the Naza M lite to Naza M v2 4.02 and I'm using a Frsky i8 transmitter receiver combo, 4S 5500 lipo battery.
Had a few teething issues, like figuring out the setting up of the Naza and receiver, took me a day to realise that the fast blinking orange light meant I had it in failsafe mode and that when I first managed to get the thing to fire up, the idle speed was way too high, (just left the settings as DJi had set out of the box), it tried to take off and I switched it to failsafe which made it worse and it flipped itself onto its back, whilst trying to carve patterns into the concrete slab with the rotors.
It did show me that 3 of the motors were rotating in the wrong direction, so they got rewired.
However, It's been for a test flight, 5 minutes and seemed to be ok, but I think it needs fine tuning as I said, all the settings for gain etc are as per DJi default.
I did put in the parameters for the GPS measurements and FC, but I'm assuming the Naza programming is for a much smaller machine and as such it doesn't know what it's controlling apart from that it's a hex.
On the test flight it was quite windy and a side wind too but it seemed to hold position ok, I didn't send it too high or far as I didn't want to push my luck with an unknown bit of kit.
So that's where I'm up to.
I'm hoping that the knowledgeable on here will be able to point me in the right direction as far as setting up the rest of the parameters.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 301