Hello All

Hi, my name is Justin. I live in York Pennsylvania. I have been flying quads for a few years now. I have had lots of ups and downs from flyaways to crashes, to having others crash my quads. I have learned a lot and am still learning.

I pretty much have only flown RTF models but would love to venture out into some kits or DIY. Right now I have 2 35oqx3's and a 200qx . My son has a handful of brushed motor cheap quads but they are fun to fly as well.

Right now I am in the thought stage of a DJI F550 Hex. I am hoping to be placing the order in the next few weeks and have that up and running by the middle of January.

Well feel free to drop by and say hello. I would love to hear from some locals to find more fly spots or vids and pics.

Take care!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Justin and welcome to MultiRotorForums.com! RTF is a great way to start and see what it's all about but building and flying your own is sooooooo much more satisfying!

there are a few Group Build threads in the Beginners' Lounge and they should provide some helpful info for your F550 build. Our group build 2016 will be a basic FPV copter (probably a quad but you can just as easily follow along with a hexacopter).

willie56

Welcome Justin: the f550 is what i choose as well for my first build, i would recommend, its very easy to put together and get up and running, there is so much information on this site to help us out, and lots of videos to follow along with to complete your build properly. But, be warned, this hobby is addictive, 1 copter becomes 2, then another and another, but its great fun to get out on a open patch of ground and just start flying around. Welcome, have fun building and flying.

Thanks Willie, Jim, and Bartman. I know how addictive it is haha. I have 2 350qx3's, one an ap model with the cgo2 and another for sport flying then I also have the 200qx for around the house to tease my pups:) I just think it's time for something a little more stable and I am looking forward to the build.

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
Welcome Justin, I'm just getting started waiting for weeks of shipping from China. There are a lot of people from the York area.

Thanks Ranst4038. I have met a few from our area. I just finished my dji F550 last night and had her up for a few min today to see how she handled. Not too bad but feel I need to balance it better and maybe adjust a few gains.