HDMI Cable on Brushless Gimbal with Slip Ring

soler

Hi,

Just wondering what others do with there HDMI Cables if using a NEX camera with HDMI. I have tried a standard HDMI Min to HDMI to an AV Converter but I seams that the HDMI cable is too stiff and can effect the Brushless Gimbal. Stripping off the black outer cable helps may this more flexible but starts to looks really ugly with all the wires and shielding.

So I have though of a couple of ideas but wanted to know what others are doing

1. FIt the AV converter under the camera and make a short 10cm HMDI cable by cutting and resoldering the cable, not sure if this is possible

2. Get a ultra flexiable HDMI cable, I have seen these for sales but I have not seen one with a right anlge mini HDMI Connector

3. Buy a DJI HDMI converter which plugs into the side of the camera, I saw this one ebay as i think this is only a spare part and not sure how this will work.

One a have a suitable solution I would like to use a Slip ring to route all the wires, anyone got one working successfully. For the Slip ring I would need to following connections

1 GND Common
2 5V Power (for the AV converter, IR Camera Switch, Gyro Power)
3 Signal to IR Camera Switch
4 SCL on Gyro
5 SDA on Gyro
6 AV Out

I will first start on Pitch with the slip ring, if I can get this working I will move to Roll but this maybe a bit more tricky