Greatly Improved Tarot T-2D 2-Axis Gimbal User's Manual Attached

ppmd

I have created a revised "V1.1" Manual for the Tarot T-2D 2-Axis Gimbal for the GoPro Hero3 and Hero3+. From the V1.0 manual, I corrected the grammar, improved on the consistency of the language, included many more illustrations, and provided tips on how to make this relatively inexpensive but effective gimbal useful to you. I cannot upload the 1 MB file due to size limitations on this Forum. Link to the file I created is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57lqnvb7d...Gopro User Manual V1.1 - Revised by JCLin.pdf

Please let me know of any corrections and I'll try to include them in v1.2 of the Manual.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

ghaynes

John

Thanks. Nice job. Question for you. I run single operator and want to control tilt. It appears that the tilt 'channel' is hard coded. In other words if I want to put it on channel 6 (this is using a Futaba) that is not configurable in the software. Hope I am missing something but big gap on the part of Tarot if it isn't configurable.

Last edited by a moderator:

ppmd

I run single operator and want to control tilt. It appears that the tilt 'channel' is hard coded. In other words if I want to put it on channel 6 (this is using a Futaba) that is not configurable in the software. Hope I am missing something but big gap on the part of Tarot if it isn't configurable.

I do the same - single operator.

I am using a Spektrum DX8 and simply plugged in the single signal wire from the Tarot controller board's "T" pin directly into one of the spare channels on the AR8000 receiver on my multirotor. I then assigned the "knob" on my DX8 to the channel into which the "T" pin signal wire was plugged. I am able to control tilt via the knob on the DX8 using this arrangement. I am not familiar with the Futaba radios. Sorry.

The tilt control and channel assignment is done between the tx radio and receiver, and not in the Tarot gimbal.

Those familiar with the Futaba radios may want to chime in.

cortex42

Hi John,

The dropbox-link doesn't work any more. Would it be possible for you to send me the file directly?
I've just got a T-2D for my quad and is trying to get my head around it.

BTW, I also have a couple of servers of my own and can put the file there if you want it to be reachable to the world with dropbox-limitations.

/Kaj

I have created a revised "V1.1" Manual for the Tarot T-2D 2-Axis Gimbal for the GoPro Hero3 and Hero3+. From the V1.0 manual, I corrected the grammar, improved on the consistency of the language, included many more illustrations, and provided tips on how to make this relatively inexpensive but effective gimbal useful to you. I cannot upload the 1 MB file due to size limitations on this Forum. Link to the file I created is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57lqnvb7diu2hvg/Tarot%202-Axis%20Brushless%20Gimbal%20for%20Gopro%20User%20Manual%20V1.1%20-%20Revised%20by%20JCLin.pdf

Please let me know of any corrections and I'll try to include them in v1.2 of the Manual.

John

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I would love a copy also if the link can go back up.

I got got a used 2-D and it is doing nothing but facing down (on a bad angle) and jerking violently. Not sure the manual will help, but at this point it can't hurt :)

thanks for for you efforts in writing a more clear manual.

ppmd

moballa

Hi John,
I've read your improved Tarot t-2d user's guide...it was great help to get the connections working. However, I'm having nothing but issues trying to get it the gimbal to stabilize itself. It just seems to have a mind of its own and have no clue where to even start. I posted this video and you can see what I mean. Any observations that would help diagnose my problems would be greatly appreciated!

http://youtu.be/N-Zzq7wl9zc

Thanks,
Marco

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hi John,
I've read your improved Tarot t-2d user's guide...it was great help to get the connections working. However, I'm having nothing but issues trying to get it the gimbal to stabilize itself. It just seems to have a mind of its own and have no clue where to even start. I posted this video and you can see what I mean. Any observations that would help diagnose my problems would be greatly appreciated!

http://youtu.be/N-Zzq7wl9zc

Thanks,
Marco

Did you calibrate the gimbal with the camera/tray facing up?

Also, that seems to be a different gimbal???

Shift

Hi guys, I have a strange problem with my gimbal, the stabilisation works but i cant change pitch or roll from my reciever. I have hooked everything right, according to the many manuals and youtube videos, the blue led is blinking and the most awkward thing is that when i connect the gimbal to the PC via USB i see in the software that the gimbal sees my inputs from the reciever, when i turn the knobs on my Futaba radio the values in the RC monitor change, but the gimbal doesnt react. Can it be that i somehow damaged the gimbal controller? Because the first time i hooked it up to the reciever in a wrong way, i've just plugged a standard servo wire to the CTR connector and to a reciever channel on the other side, so i supplied +5v to the T pin and ground to the R pin, maybe it somehow damaged the controller or is it that i just do something wrong in the setup? So now i have a connection fromt T to the reciever's 6th channel (wich is my knob's channel) signal pin and to the - (negative) of the second connector on the gimbal controller, wich is S + -, from the - (negative) pin of the reciever's 6th channel. I have tried connecting a servo instead of the gimbal to the 6th channel to check if my radio is setup correctly - the servo moves when i move the knob. When i connect the gimbal controller it doesnt move when i move the knob, although in the gimbal software in the RC monitor the value in the Tilt: T window changes when i move the knob, but the gimbal doesnt move or react to it in any other way. It reacts to the tilting and rolling of the quad though.

Vaako

Hi,

Here is a typo:

At page #3
DC 7.4V~14.8V (Lithium Polymer 3S / 14.8V is Recommended)

3S = 11.1v
4S = 14.8v

What voltage is recommended?

FlyGirl

Hi,

Here is a typo:

At page #3
DC 7.4V~14.8V (Lithium Polymer 3S / 14.8V is Recommended)

3S = 11.1v
4S = 14.8v

What voltage is recommended?

Recommended voltage is 12vdc which a fully charged 11.1v 3 cell battery will provide.

viperz28

Can someone take a picture of the roll motor? I think mine is not aligned properly. After a crash things have not been the same. Tilt works fine.