Graupner E-prop 9-5"

es124

Hey,

Is it possible that the Graupner E-props 9-5" dont fit an the DJI 2212/920KV motors ?

Greetings,
Enno
Belgium

kloner

Aerial DP
no, they fit. you gotta ream out the top of the hub that's smaller. There step sized for 5mm, 6mm and 8mm. just don't let a drill get all the way to the 8mm one, you want to preserve that part as clean as possible. use something like a step drill, prop reamer or the like.

View attachment 4883

Attachments

• image_16323.jpg
    image_16323.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 490

kloner

Aerial DP
a max anything will work. those pictured i use are 3/8" and 1/2", that's like 10mm to 13mm. the trick to to not hit the bottom precision hole... can't wait to hear if it drops your power useage

My discovery got here last night

meme

Thanks guys, done with a 8mm drill at least. Had to lower the gains a bit, and then went out for a 2 km flight. @ kloner, Flight Time is a bit better now, passed from 7-8 minutes to 8-9 minutes with 22% left, Motors are less warm, Lipo is warm.

rampa202

Without realizing there was something like a prop reamer, I drilled out all six of my new Graupner 9x5s, using the 8mm step in the prop as a drill guide. Of course I understand now that this is not the correct method, but I can't stand the idea of throwing away $70 with of props. The chance of getting an eccentric hole would be greater if you start drilling from the small end, but then if you don't touch the 8mm step you are still good - I didn't do that either. For what it's worth the holes look perfectly centered and the hex flies great. I'll buy a prop reamer for next time.

Also, as most everyone probably knows, you have to use a washer when using the Graupners. I did notice that some people were putting the washer on top, which I think is a mistake. An 8mm washer won't center properly on the less than 8mm threaded shaft. and a less than 8mm washer won't put pressure beyond the threaded portion, which is where it is needed if the washer is on top. With an 8mm washer on the bottom, it will be centered, and it will push the prop up into the threaded part of the prop adapter. I have some APC's (for another hex) that come with a washer for this reason, and they recommend putting the washer on the bottom. The only downside is that it is harder to tighten the props as they tend to slip on the washers, but I think if you hold the motor and the prop together, you can get it tight enough.

Sorry if this info is redundant.

Russ

rampa202

I use 4S 45C 5000 mAh with the 9 inch props. I had a great test flight yesterday with this setup and no additional payload, but I didn't time it or run my battery all the way down. I should get into the habbit of timing each flight.

I bought both the x468 and Aeroxcraft LG/gimbal, but haven't tried either yet. I know there are pluses and minuses to both. Anyway, I'll be interested to know how much air time I get with the camera and hardware. I'd be happy with about 8 minutes - we'll see.

Russ