GH4 vs BMPCC

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have hacked gopro3, two gh2's, gh3, gh4, 5d mk II , bmpc, & gh4.

Currently my fav's for flying is gh4 or video and photo's. If I wanted to print photo's to sell, I'd put up the 5d mark ii. Gh4 does not get the clarity that the 5d mark II does on photo's.

If I were shooting for a hollywood movie, I might go with the bmpc. I was going to sell it, but because of the price drop, I'll probably hang on to it. They have added lower data rate qt compression so that helps. Dynamic range on the BMPC is the best of all my camera's, but it's also the most pain in the butt to use. Battery life is terrible, but extra batteries are cheap. If it had 60p, I'd like it a whole lot more.

Disclaimer, I am semi retired from the digital imaging world of print, photo, 3d animation, video editing, building and selling editing & imaging systems, etc, so I have lots of time and gear to play with. I don't do this commercially, so not sure what clients are demanding. I do know that most peeps can't tell the difference between a well edited peace off my hacked gh2's and my gh3 or gh4.... I sometimes go nuts over some of the footage I get off my gopro when the exposure and lighting all lines up. Equipment isn't everything.

IMO, add up quality, battery life, and simplicity, and the gh4 is the money camera right now for flying and for 90% of what peeps will ask you to do for photo's.

xahhax

I almost when BMPC...but then I realize it does NOT take stills (!!!) so went for GH4 - just seems like the most versatile platform for now.