GCU For H3-3D Phantom2 Gimbal

MikeStarley

Hello.I am having trouble with 2 DJI Zenmuse Gimbals.One post crash.One(Brand New)preflight.First....Post crash gimbal..After a misjudgement of Phantom to tree orientation my Phantom landed abruptly.While inspecting for issues immediately after " Landing" I noticed some frame issues.Removed gimbal and fortunately was successful in repair.Feeling rather giddy after reinstalling gimbal to phantom. I powered up the phantom2 only to realize I had not walked away from a potentially expensive hard landing financially scott free.Oh well....my crash...my repair.Later that night the thought of searching for a possible solution on line kept me awake.Even though I understand the expensive nature of electronics this economy causes me to exhaust all options prior to whipping out a credit card.I learned how to factory reset the gimbal.I was successful.Gimbal now is as limp as a wet towel.Time to reinstall firmware.Simple enough right.Wrong!After many choice words and much research later I have learned that some Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbals came with a GCU.Both of mine did not.My assistant software will not recognize either of my two gimbals when plugged into micro usb port on front of multirotor.Yes...I know what some of you are thinking and yes...I am using gimbal assistant with DJI drivers for Windows 7 Home Premium.Has anyone else experienced this?If so..what is the solution?At this point it is mostly ego that is keeing me from sending the unit away.Now to my latest irritation from DJI.Brand new gimbal.Just so everyone knows.I am trying to start a business with this equipment.I purchased an extra H3-3D gimbal along with the initial investment.It is for backup and thank goodness that I have it.I have a shoot coming up within the week.Yes I am excited.Would'nt you be?My first client a local Ford dealership.While prepping my rig I noticed a gimbal tilt issue.Camera responds to tilt control input,begins to move then immediately returns to beginning point of travel.That issue sends me right back to the gimbal assistant wich seemingly will not work.Obviously the length of this letter dictates my frustration with DJI.Moderators I do appologise.I know that this is not the proper setting for venting.Please understand that not only am I venting I am trying to communicate with DJI in a receptive setting.Noone likes a winer.So to anyone with ears that represents a position of power at DJI, for the good of all involved Please....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!Thank You. Deeply Concerned John Michael Starley