Futaba T8FG Super? Please help with setup on S800, WKM & Zemuse?

I just purchased a Futaba T8FG Super Radio. I have always used Spektrum radios and this is all different to me. I have the S800 with WKM and zemuse gimbal. What is the best setup for 1 man operation with the zenmuse? Is the 14 channel receiver a must and does anyone have a setup video or something that I could look at? Thanks very much in advance.

DesJardins

I have 8FGs vids in my YouTube channel below but it's for the Naza/FPV...

It might get you on the right track, if you have questions please post back up

DesJardins

Thanks for that video! Is that the same setup I will use for the Wookong? Where are you in Arizona? I live in Cave Creek

You're welcome, Honestly I would need to mess with the WKM as I just changed over to the 8FGs but I will say once you have everything plugged in to the program the menus are a piece of cake on the Futaba after playing with it a bit.

I'm in San Tan Valley!

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you have it setup with a 14 channel receiver or s-bus? IAre those Futaba T8FG Super Radios?

In this specific setup, the pilot TX is the T8FG Super. The receiver is the R6014HS. I am not using the SBUS on this setup.

My other S800 using same TX, but the 6208SB with SBUS. Though keep in mind, the 6208SB only has 1 SBUS port that goes to the WKM Controller. The WKM does not allow other connections so if you go directly to the WKM from the SBUS port of the 6208SB, you are not going to get 14Channels as far I a know. You will get to connect only 1 cable between the RX and the WKM though.. cleans up all the cable.

If you do want to use more then that, you will need to get a SBUS hub before going to the WKM directly. Even then the WKM channels are set so be careful which channel you configure the others SBUS servos on.

With the SBUS, you will be able to control all the channels on the WKM with only 1 cable. "nice".

On my rig with the Zen15, I went with the R6014HS so it was easier for me to split up the one of my channels to a RCSHUTTER.COM control and not use it on the Zen15 shutter. This gave me both Video and Still photo shots on 1 channel.

Hope that helps.

Added>> I am not sure if SBUS is all that great in the Multicopter environment.. I only see it being beneficial if you are needing to link one servo controls through another servo cable without having to do another run back to the RX.

in a multicopter settings, I have only seen traditional cables go directly to the FC. I am not sure any other flight controller is SBUS capable. From the FC, you will have to hit each ESC individually anyway, so only benefit is from the RX to the WKM FC with one cable if you are using the WKM. If not, not sure what other FC does SBus?

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

My suggestion to the OP is download the 8FGs online manual and read on the S.bus option with the Rx that is supplied on getting all the channels you might need from that 8channel receiver.

DesJardins

Got the programming done, now the faulty Futaba right stick gimbal...
Let me know after you call those shops if anyone has an 8FGs in stock!

Jon

soler

Just bind each receiver to the transmitter in the normal way, The receivers are not aware that there is one or more listening to the same transmitter

Zzr

Thanks I used Dual 7008SB in mode B and D binding on my 18MZ. B for S800 and D for Z15.
Just binding D RX on other transmitter? both Transmitter will work function with one D RX?
Just bind each receiver to the transmitter in the normal way, The receivers are not aware that there is one or more listening to the same transmitter