FrSky / Taranis Trainer "Buddy Box"

crayfellow

Hey all,

I am working out a plan for a community outreach program for kids/scouts/anyone to introduce folks to UAS and its beneficial applications. I think I will start with neighborhood kids since they are a captive audience. One aspect of this will be getting a 'buddy box' setup in place.

Has anyone used the Trainer functionality which allows the Taranis to be either primary or secondary in a buddy box configuration? To keep things simple I'll use a Taranis for both primary and secondary. Any setup advice?

Thanks!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That sounds like a really cool program @crayfellow. Nice way to give back to the community and get some new enthusiasts involved!

I have not used the Taranis for the traditional buddybox setup - but I've connected it with a simulator on the computer through the port on the back. There is a setting in the main pages for telling the Taranis it's either master or slave. If you have trouble I'll find the exact page - don't have the radio in front of me right now.

Keep us posted.

crayfellow

yeah I found the "Trainer" screen so I'll take it from there once I have a second tx and let you know how it goes.