FreeFly's direct drive gimbal...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i get that but i just would like us to have some measure of respect for threads discussing vendor products. if not we'll all be hijacking each others' threads. i did it above and caught myself, hence the edit. there's lots of room for everyone here. :)

bart

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Is it not OK to contrast and compare various product offerings here? Or should we just make a separate thread for that?

adanac

How much do these hamsters cost and can we get them to pull focus?

I think the "Any Camera. Any Lens" claim, if that's what it is, is unfortunate.

I agree with the other poster as well, we are seeing cameras getting smaller - the new Blackmagic is evidence of that. I'll still probably want to fly my RED on some jobs, however. It won't be avoidable.

Personally I don't care if it uses tiny hamsters on a treadmill if it works with 100% accuracy. So far I'm finding the two brushless I currently have work as well or better than a Zenmuse and cost about 1/7 or less the price of a Zen.

On the other hand, the rumored price for the FreeFly is in the $7500 to $10,000 range, you won't likely be seeing any outside of serious commercial use where they pay for themselves.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Is it not OK to contrast and compare various product offerings here? Or should we just make a separate thread for that?

It is OK as long as it doesn't hijack a thread that is either vendor specific (started by a vendor to discuss their product) or takes the original intent of the thread too far off topic. For those that aren't following all the areas of the forum there is some discussion of BL gimbals going on in the Camera Gimbal Stabilization Systems section as well as a thread that Gotheli started here... http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?8979-My-brushless-gimbal-result and others like this one...http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?10423-3D-printed-brushless-Gimbals-Info-exchange

If none of those work for you, feel free to start a new thread on the subject.

Ken

tjwilliamstj

Dp, Cranes, Steadicam
Not just a very nice brushless gymbal system but very nice piloting shot planning and head operation!!!!