FPV Tests/Outtakes by Near Earth Imaging

Hey guys we were doing some tests last week to make sure all our FPV equipments still worked(been a while) and to see how fast we can shoot holes on a golf course. We started on a nice easy par 3 and came away with some good usable results. Nothing great but enough quality to show to a few perspective clients. These are not those shots! This is just some of the rest of one of the flights. It's not horrible IMHO but not the cream of what we shot and even that was not perfect. Oh well still a work in progress I guess, just thought I'd share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFZUlQSAkw

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
RHP

Check this out..

[video]http://www.powerscourt.ie/PromoVideo/[/video]

some of this is AP but cant find out who did it. The final full edit is very good... I would just say Sloooooowdown. Pans need to be slow, fly overs really slow with gradual nicks and not loads. I am sure FPV must be nerve racking, I had a little go last weekend with my mates little FPV quad and it was SCARY.. and that was just looking throuth his goggles!

To high and it could be shot from a helecopter, low and close would be my choice.. How about getting the Pro to drive you down the fairways in a buggy with you piloting the AP to give a veiw of the whole hole as the golf ball would se it.. I think there is a few shots like that on the Powers court vid.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Droider but what you're seeing is me going fast on purpose. I was taking my time flying from tee to hole, which you really don't see, then I'd hurry back to the Tee box. The hurrying back is what you see. The pans and other flying was not planned I was just having fun and getting used to FPV again. This is in no way where we want to be in quality, edit, or result. On a flip side I think I need to fly faster from Tee to hole to get the velocity of the fly though right. Lower altitude is def. true I need to work on that but it's very hard keeping a steady altitude while flying FPV. I tried using altitude hold but it was just screwing with things. Anyway thanks for the comment and your right that edit you posted is great.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just trying to help buddy.. how you FPV is yet beyond me.. when my pocket.... na... pockets have recovered a bit and my flying becomes second nature then I may stick me toe in there!

Dave

No I appreciate your help sorry if it came out wrong. I've just been at this for a long time also. Over a year just with the Hexa flying AP a couple times a week. You're right learning to fly until it's second nature is IMPERITIVE to stepping to FPV. I've been flying RC planes and a heli for about 4 years now and I consider myself a very good pilot. You can also practice if you have a simulator. If your sim lets you have a cockpit view which many do than you can practice your FPV also. Once your in it it's just like flying the real thing.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I will get there.. When I start a new hobby/ sport I have to go balls out to get there... like yesterday..

I have tried RC stuff but have had my trousers down by a few suppliers / experts and I have had me pockets emptied. For now I just want to fly until I am confident I can take the next step.. I took up RC because her indoors kept telling me I spend to much time on the computer so a simulator for me is out of the question... also I have never been in to computer games so its bite the bullet for me and fly!

Droider, I'm sorry to hear people have led you in the wrong direction and you've been taken advantage of, that's BS on their part. I really do recommend a Sim though, especially for that fact that you will save money in the long run by not practicing on and crashing your Multi! I went from being a novice pilot to a high intermediate pilot in a short time because of the Sim. I can do most tricks you see RC guys doing, hanging from the prop, cuban 8's, etc.. To learn that stuff in real life would have cost me $100,000 in crashes. With the sim I just hit reset. It really does get your orientation to become 2nd nature and it does transfer to real life. It's not a PC game it's a simulator with a RC radio in your hand. You can use your real one most likely. Anyway good luck! Take it slow and you're right you do have to go out there and fly to learn. Sometimes it's tough to get motivated, sometimes it's nerve racking. You just need to do it.

LOL Bart, yes it is the MKTR, I'm still not thrilled with it but we're working things out. Thanks!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I may get a sim but the night are getting longer... I suppose I do have sim. its my MCx. I can bash it in to anything and it still flys!.. = evern when its raining and blowing a hooly out side I can still fly it around the kitchen and annoy the flip out of the doggers! I chose the MCX as an alternative to a sim even thoug I cannot do loops or rolls.. but to be honest I just want to fly me camera and get great shots so having the skill to loop and roll has no real appeal to me... My goal is to fly FPV chasing the lads who used to watch me fly my bike but now leave me for dead! OK I dream but who knows what the DW conceptx will do!