flying multirotors

droneaddict

hello everybody
i am new to this been intorduced to quads and hexas etc brought one dji550 and practiced it my self
my final aim is to fly copter with camera.
so my question is is the manual mode flying required to practice for videography purpose. becasue copter looks much safe in alti and gps mode
is the manual mode required how to remove manual mode from the contorller .
will practicing in manual mode helps in any way. or is it necessary for my purpose ..of flying iwth camera professionally:upset:
with regards
droneaddict

FlyGirl

You should learn to fly in manual mode so that if you run into an issue with the flight controller while in Attitude mode or GPS mode you can quickly switch to manual mode and be able to fly back. That is really what it is only used for when doing AP. It is also used for sport flying when you want to have no limits in your flight envelope (i.e. flips, flying fast, etc).

droneaddict

You should learn to fly in manual mode so that if you run into an issue with the flight controller while in Attitude mode or GPS mode you can quickly switch to manual mode and be able to fly back. That is really what it is only used for when doing AP. It is also used for sport flying when you want to have no limits in your flight envelope (i.e. flips, flying fast, etc).

thank u flygirl..:) but in initial stages of learning if u fly in manual there are more chances of crashes i suppose

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It's not necessary to fly in manual mode professionally but you should learn it as a back-up as it gives you a better idea of how a multirotor flies. I personally don't have manual mode on my professional rigs as I don't find it useful or beneficial to obtaining good videos/photos.

SoCal Blur

You can adjust your Expo in your radio to help you with flying manual mode. Adjusting the Expo can cause the controls to be not as "twitchy" feeling... making the response "softer" or "mushier". Then when you get better at manual mode you can slowly begin using less and less Expo. Also, making sure your Gains (or PIDs) are adjusted correctly will also help the stability of flight in Manual Mode.

droneaddict

thank u socal blur.. can i ask u one more question . i have a futaba 8j how do i connect it for practicising with simulator without affecting or changing my hexas setting which is already there as set by the guy who assebled the hexa.

SoCal Blur

thank u socal blur.. can i ask u one more question . i have a futaba 8j how do i connect it for practicising with simulator without affecting or changing my hexas setting which is already there as set by the guy who assebled the hexa.

I'm not familiar with the Futaba but if it is anything like my FrSky Taranis, you just create (add) a new "model" and call it simulator and then you'll be able to have settings just for the simulator that doesn't affect the ones you already have for your hexa.