First Multicopter build

Ti@goo

Hello,

I would like to build my FIRST multicopter, and i have no experience in building these things.

I have been "playing" with a phantom2 since april and i would to have something better for aereal photography, wich i can put a sony NEx for example.

The important points for me are stability, security and redundancy to offer more security.

Althought its impossible to prevent an accident 100%, I want to narrow that percentage, with a good quality/price ratio.

I would like to spend no more thant 800/1000 euros in this hexacopter. Is it possible?

Having this in count, is it better a Coaxial quadcopter or a Hexacopter?

Of course that a good quality in the primary materials (motors, ESC, controller) for a copter is important, but how can I improve the security of this "copter", with redundancyin electronics?

My choise for now for the frame is the tarot 680pro, for its popularity and good reviews.

For the controller what do you think the NAZA-M V2 with GPS?

For the ESC what do you think of hooby wing Platinum Brushless ESC 30A?

Motors i don´t know :s

I hope you can help me. :)

Railrode1

In addition to what you have listed, I have sunny sky v3508 700 kV motors. Though I don't recommend this for your first build as it's a little tight spaced to work with. Also this frame isn't as forgiving in a crash. I would build a flame wheel first and later transfer your equipment to the 680 frame once you get the hang of building. Only an additional 30 to $40.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I agree with Railrode. Starting out with the cheaper DJI f550 will allow you to practice building and flying on a smaller, less expensive rig.

I have the Tarot 680Pro and I have to admit that I find it to be a bit lacking. The frame is not completely rigid - which is difficult to deal with when trying to get good video footage. I think the next size Tarot (810???) has 25mm booms, and is probably a safer bet for rigidity. Also, the plastic bits are a bit brittle, and I've already had to replace 2 motor mounts (cracked screw holes) and 1 LG mount (stripped thread).

I have the SS motors that Railrode does - but the 580kv version. They are decent quality for the $.

The Naza V2 is a standard of sorts. Other options would include SuperX and possibly Vector (I have on the bench but have yet to test it).