First Hexacopter. Need help.

furioussphinx

Hi

This is my first time I am venturing into the field of aerial photography. My requirement is have a low altitude multicopter which might start initially with a payload of gopro hero 3 and soon graduate to a sony nex/lumix or the likes.

I am looking for stable footage of industrial and commercial work. I have narrowed out the dji vision because of camera quality for stills and video compared to my Gopro. The phantom scares me after reading all the flyaway horror stories. I am on a budget and sticking to a max of $1500 to include the entire RTF setup with a FPV (Fat shark setup).

Since I am new to this, I have a lot of questions and will be shooting them out as my research progresses. ATM, I have zeroed in onto 2 options which I am unable to decide between;

1. http://www.hobby-wing.com/fy680-rtf-w-naza-lite.html

2. http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-fy680-naza-lite-artf-combo-p-1172.html

Which one do you recommend and reasons? I would be happy with a flight time of 15mins at least. I dont have the liberty to ship in parts and build a quad due to my work requirements (also I stay down in Dubai), so I need to get a RTF system.

I need help to decide on the radio, battery, Fat shark system, etc which I will need to complete my setup.

Looking forward to learning a lot of knowledge.

Thanks
S

furioussphinx

This is something I am considering. I can buy a chinese quadcopter to practise (options are very limited here) which afaik falls under toys. I dont know if that would help. Or I could buy a training software and learn virtually.

I did look at 3DR, just that its not too detailed on what comes along with the kit, and I feel I need to add on a lot more to it, which will bump my price.

Yup.. I have the same dilemma.. as I have posted on my thread.. I did get a phantom, and a V222 to practice with... but now am interested in building my own larger scale... the Tarot (though 690s) and Arris caught my eye in addition to the ATG-X6-700 dual arm....

Flyinghell... have you gotten any other feedback?