First FLIR Thermal Camera I've seen for FPV!!!!

hazardpro

Cool.... but pointless.

I'm sure I read something somewhere that the guys over at FPVLab are working on a night vision FPV cam.

Doug

Bowley

Yeah I think a light Intensifying camera would be far better than IR for night FPV. and a lot less expensive.

Squintz

I saw one of these in a video last night. I would say it has very practical purposes for fire fighters, search and rescue and law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squintz

If you get a quote please post it here. I'm interested in how much these cameras cost.

Here is the actual video I was watching.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Cool.... but pointless.

I'm sure I read something somewhere that the guys over at FPVLab are working on a night vision FPV cam.

Doug

Doug, why is it pointless? It would give you the ability to see when you are flying through clouds or smoke or in similar situations where normally you'd be blind. It can also help you locate people for rescue. The way I see it is my multicopter is multifunctional and I fully expect at some point to use it for search and rescue just because of the nature of the device. There's a cool device that allows you to toggle between cameras too so you could switch back and forth to multiple cameras. Oh well, to each their own I guess...

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Yeah I think a light Intensifying camera would be far better than IR for night FPV. and a lot less expensive.

I agree...well for night flying anyway, every camera has its own purpose though. FLIR wouldn't be great for night flying but it sure would be a cool option to have along with night vision. I may actually hook this up, I found a cool camera toggle switch. Problem is I'll need to get another regulator to make 5V or maybe I can power it from the receiver? hmmm..have to think about it. It accepts 4-6 volts and that's servo range...I think it pulls like 1W so the amperage is nothing.

Bowley

I agree...well for night flying anyway, every camera has its own purpose though. FLIR wouldn't be great for night flying but it sure would be a cool option to have along with night vision. I may actually hook this up, I found a cool camera toggle switch. Problem is I'll need to get another regulator to make 5V or maybe I can power it from the receiver? hmmm..have to think about it. It accepts 4-6 volts and that's servo range...I think it pulls like 1W so the amperage is nothing.

Cool, Switch through the spectrum like the Predator.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I read a few places that they are around $1k for the Tau 640 and I'm looking for the Tau 320, they also have a 160 version. I can't confirm the price anywhere though, maybe the Tau 640 is too new? No idea...anyone know?

Example video on a multicopter...

Squintz

Ouch! I won't be buying that anytime soon. I still think it serves a purpose for those who need it. I.E. First Responders.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
1000 for tau 640???Try about 3 to 4 k depending on lenses...very expensive for hobby use only...kpc

Wow, yeah so let's go check the "used" section...wayyyyy too rich for my blood. Oh well, what's the night vision version run or even a low light version? It would be awesome to be able to fly at night and/or have multiple different cameras. I'd like to have a night vision camera and a regular camera I could switch back and forth to.