Firmware update (V2.5) for A2 pulled after defects noted by users

As posted by DJI support personnel;

"There was issue with the v1.6 Assistant and v2.5 firmware. A few users experienced the motors going into uncommanded motor test. DJI removed the Assistant out of an abundance of caution. v1.8 will be introduced shortly."

Thread title edited by Bartman, 29 May, 2015

A new firmware update (V2.5) is now available for A2. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/a2/download to download the latest assistant software and update your A2.

Overview:

All-in-One Firmware version updated to: V2.5

Major Updates:

Firmware

l Added support for Zenmuse gimbal channel control, allowing users to control the aircraft and gimbal using a single remote.

l Modified Home Lock control mode that creates a no-fly zone of 10m radius around Home Point. This is to prevent the pilot from becoming disorientated.

l Added data recording for GNSS coordinates and aircraft attitude. Use the latest iOSD Data Viewer to export this data for post-processing.

l Fixed PC ground station display and waypoint related issues.

l Changed the default action for the first level voltage alarm from a flashing light to RTH.

l Fixed heading problem during initialization when using the GPS-COMP-PRO-PLUS module.

Software

l Added a Zenmuse channel page to the PC Assistant.

l Display GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation status in the DJI Assistant and iPad Ground Station.

User Manual

l Added information on connecting the gimbal to the CAN2 port and relevant channel mapping.

l Added description of GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation.

Notes:

(1) The gimbal’s firmware should be updated as below:

a) H3-3D GCU V1.12 or above,

b) Z15-5D GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,

c) Z15-5D Ⅱ GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,

d) Z15-GH3 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,

e) Z15-GH4 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,

f) Z15-BMPCC GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.12 or above,

g) Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connection with CAN2 port.

(2) Backup parameters before each upgrade since the parameters may be reset during upgrade. When upgrade is complete, check the configuration of A2 controller unit then unlock the controller unit in A2 Assistant.

(3) Once upgraded, calibration parameters saved in the A2 controller unit will be cleared. Recalibrating the IMU and the compass is required.

(4) Use with the latest version of the DJI A2 Assistant Software, Ground Station and gimbal firmware.

Introduction video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Would anyone be so kind to answer this:

If running A2 single operator with a zenmuse gh4 with the new update can you adjust the travel limit for tilt? As before if using the slider on a 14SG you were stuck with the -140 to +50 range.... which for a single operator seems a bit much!

Would be great if you could limit this like you can when using a H3-3d or H4-3d.

If anyone has found a solution to this please chime in! Thanks- Mike

Blue Sweeper

I'm using Assistant v1.6 on Windows XP and I'm unable to login for software upgrade, it just says 'Error: username or password incorrect' but I KNOW that I'm using the correct username and password as I can login to my account on DJI website. I can also login to the assistant for a Naza v2 and Wookong on my PC using the same username and password, so I'm sure it's not the PC. I can login on my Mac and I successfully configured and upgraded the firmware for the A2, but can't on a Windows PC. I've even tried a different PC, but same problem, can't login to the assistant.

Now I want to configure a Zenmuse Z15 gimbal for use on the A2, but I'm getting the same problem with the Zenmuse Assistant v1.6 so can't upgrade the firmware as there is a problem with it and there is no assistant software for a Mac.

I downloaded assistant v1.4 for the Mac to downgrade the firmware on the A2 and hope that Windows Assistant v1.4 would work, but that was a disaster as that did not work either, what a waste of time!

Any ideas what to do next, as I'm unable to get the Z15 to work correctly without the software upgrade?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Would anyone be so kind to answer this:

If running A2 single operator with a zenmuse gh4 with the new update can you adjust the travel limit for tilt? As before if using the slider on a 14SG you were stuck with the -140 to +50 range.... which for a single operator seems a bit much!

Would be great if you could limit this like you can when using a H3-3d or H4-3d.

If anyone has found a solution to this please chime in! Thanks- Mike

mike,

you should be able to adjust end point limits in your radio for the channel that is controlling tilt. you're using Futaba?

Bartman

I'm using Assistant v1.6 on Windows XP and I'm unable to login for software upgrade, it just says 'Error: username or password incorrect' but I KNOW that I'm using the correct username and password as I can login to my account on DJI website. I can also login to the assistant for a Naza v2 and Wookong on my PC using the same username and password, so I'm sure it's not the PC. I can login on my Mac and I successfully configured and upgraded the firmware for the A2, but can't on a Windows PC. I've even tried a different PC, but same problem, can't login to the assistant.

Now I want to configure a Zenmuse Z15 gimbal for use on the A2, but I'm getting the same problem with the Zenmuse Assistant v1.6 so can't upgrade the firmware as there is a problem with it and there is no assistant software for a Mac.

I downloaded assistant v1.4 for the Mac to downgrade the firmware on the A2 and hope that Windows Assistant v1.4 would work, but that was a disaster as that did not work either, what a waste of time!

Any ideas what to do next, as I'm unable to get the Z15 to work correctly without the software upgrade?

is there a software recovery option anywhere in the assistant software? are you sure you're using the latest assistant software? with DJI hardware, the first step in updating any firmware is checking to make sure that you have the latest assistant software installed.

:)

Blue Sweeper

UPDATE..........

OK fixed it. Windoze XP does not work with the latest DJI Assistant. I borrowed a PC with Windoze 8 on it and in order to get the A2 and Zenmuse Z15 talking to one another, you must update the firmware with Zenmuse Assistant v1.4 and A2 Assistant v1.4 first. Then you can upgrade to Assistant v1.6 next, but trying to upgrade with v1.6 before v1.4 won't work.

Bartman

that seems counterintuitive that the assistant 1.6 can't update firmware to the latest version.

mike,

you should be able to adjust end point limits in your radio for the channel that is controlling tilt. you're using Futaba?
Yes sir, 14sg.... but even with an end point adjustment when running single operator will you still get it to stop as the zenmuse u need to move the gear dial one click back and let the controller beep to get it to set an end point for the zenmuse. Let me know your thoughts.

Bartman

that seems counterintuitive that the assistant 1.6 can't update firmware to the latest version.

i downloaded and installed assistant 1.6 ;last night so I'm going to try to get the A2 updated.

not sure about endpoints for the zenmuse, will play with it tonight although i broke an arm while flying it about two weeks ago and my skil saw (what i use for cutting CF tubing) went to long term storage instead of my local storage unit with the rest of my shop stuff. in other words, my fabrication dept. is dead in the water. all i can do is drill and screw. :p

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
After just now receiving my A2 from DJI Support after waiting a month and a half... after failed flight tests.... after waiting months for our Skyjib to be built....

I think I'll hold off on the firmware update for a little bit. I'd like to have at least ONE successful flight before something else goes wrong! :rolleyes:

all i can do is drill and screw. :p

Giggity.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The One-Man update
This one man op upgrade is NICE! THANKS!!!

Other than a bit of cost saving on receivers, I don't see the attraction of the One-Man Op feature. Two receivers does the job and changing between One-Man and Two-Man takes about four seconds to rebind the Zen Rx to whichever Tx is required to operate it.

What would be a nice feature is more functionality within the Zenmuse Assistant. Things like being able to set the centre point of an axis, stick response, axis speed, start/stop damping, stick deadband etc. Much of this can of course be achieved within the transmitter but it is often akin to a workaround for parameters that ought to be available within the gimbal software.

I was forced into updating to FW2.4 with the GPS Pro Plus, but as it seems to be behaving I think I will most likely not be going any further than that now, thank you very much.

sk8brd

just a heads up guys.....ed posted this on that other forum...would of been nice if this was updated on this forum as well..hope no one had issues..

"There was issue with the v1.6 Assistant and v2.5 firmware. A few users experienced the motors going into uncommanded motor test. DJI removed the Assistant out of an abundance of caution. v1.8 will be introduced shortly."

i imagine some got quite the surprise on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The One-Man update

Other than a bit of cost saving on receivers, I don't see the attraction of the One-Man Op feature. Two receivers does the job and changing between One-Man and Two-Man takes about four seconds to rebind the Zen Rx to whichever Tx is required to operate it.

What would be a nice feature is more functionality within the Zenmuse Assistant. Things like being able to set the centre point of an axis, stick response, axis speed, start/stop damping, stick deadband etc. Much of this can of course be achieved within the transmitter but it is often akin to a workaround for parameters that ought to be available within the gimbal software.

I was forced into updating to FW2.4 with the GPS Pro Plus, but as it seems to be behaving I think I will most likely not be going any further than that now, thank you very much.

I agree with you on 99% of this, 1 man can be nice when you cam op is sick, or a radio fails or ???. I don;t usually use it, but it's nice to have the option. But YES, everything you mentioned would have been NICER.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I agree with you on 99% of this, 1 man can be nice when you cam op is sick, or a radio fails or ???. I don;t usually use it, but it's nice to have the option. But YES, everything you mentioned would have been NICER.

Damn. And I was hoping for 100.002%!
I do a lot of one-man stuff and use the two receiver method. It gives me access to all the workarounds mentioned above. You do need 14 radio channels mind you to get 3-axis control plus record/shutter and the Oh-So-Useful 90° down flip on the Zens.

But when a two-man job comes up it is but seconds to bind the gimbal Rx to the CamOp radio.