FC 2,1 gimbal stabilization ?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
It's a Mikrokopter flight controller board with modified firmware to make it into a gimbal only controller. The basic gimbal stabilization on the MK board works but does have some well documented issues with keeping the horizon level when panning or moving sideways, don't know how much of that is corrected with the modified firmware. I have a couple spare MK 2.1 sitting around, if I could get the firmware it would be interesting to see what kind of difference it makes if any, don't know that I'd pay the $$$ to buy one just for use as a gimbal stabilizer though when there are other/better alternatives out there.

Ken

anaka

thanks Ken

I hope that in the future MK will produce a good gimbal stabilizer and consider a bit more the professional aerial video field

I like MK but at the moment the sensation is that they are just "consumer level"

suokkis

The parameters are posted right there in kopterworx.com website (the page where they sell the fc 2.1 for gimball stabilization) --> should get the gimbal working on 3 axis. It will probably not work as auto pan stabilizator with magnetometer, but anyways gets the job done "manually" on the pan axis

Cheers..

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
MK is hardly "consumer level" considering the camera control is actually pretty competent and the flight control can be comfortably flown in winds approaching 40 mph. add to that the array of GPS related features and it's pretty well set to do most anything being done by most multi-rotor pilots these days.

THe BL's are a bit on the fragile side when being assembled but if you get past the first couple of flights they last plenty long.

Consumer level compared to high end military stuff, maybe.

There's a parameter that can be cranked up to make the horizon stay more level. it's a factor of how much you allow the FC to recalculate accelerometer readings into gyro responses. i posted a thread somewhere about this tweak to improve camera control.

anaka

Hi Bart,

I totally agree with you, I like MK and I think that they have the best price/quality raport
I never had a problem with MK in the last 3 years, they are the ones that started multirotors and stil make customers happy

the software and tools in general are well done and rarely they have problems, they have android version as well so you can use them on a tablet or on a mobile, the code and the electronics are open so anyone can put his hands on and evolve them, or build his own version starting from scratch, a lot of people cloned theyr ideas and start to sell them with theyr brand, in general MK let's you save a lot the costs getting high quality

the only thing they should seriously focus more on is the camera stabilizer, the actual is very good but could be better and I'm sure that if Holger starts to focus on that for sure he will do a great job, as ever

fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator: