Mikrokopter FC 2.1 Alt Vario inaccurate.

Hi,

I'm having some weird reactions when MK is on Altitude Hold position, It suddenly revs down and springs up aggressively.

I can see on HOTT20 Tx the altitude figures going random ej; Its at 10m hight and suddenly it will read 1m and when I land it its marking -1 to -4m.

I've reloaded 2.02 firmware with no luck,

Any ideas??

Many Thanks!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi,

I'm having some weird reactions when MK is on Altitude Hold position, It suddenly revs down and springs up aggressively.

I can see on HOTT20 Tx the altitude figures going random ej; Its at 10m hight and suddenly it will read 1m and when I land it its marking -1 to -4m.

I've reloaded 2.02 firmware with no luck,

Any ideas??

Many Thanks!

<insert name here>

Look very closely at the pressure sensor on the bottom of the board.....use a magnifying glass if you have one....are any of the prongs between the sensor and the board cracked? you might have to push the sensor up or down to see it. this was a common problem back in the day before we started putting a glob of hot glue under the sensor to keep it from vibrating and thus cracking the legs. the legs could be loose in the board I suppose but cracking legs was more common.

If the figures in your display weren't jumping around I'd say it's a set up issue but if the numbers aren't making sense then it's probably cracked sensor prongs....not a big deal to change them out, i've done a couple.

bart

We got Superman, Spiderman, Wolfmans and now Bartman!Superhero!
**** camera,probably can t distinguish but 5 out of 6 legs are cracked:upset:
Soldering and GLUING now!
Thanks Bart!View attachment 16314

Attachments

• DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 301

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
no problem, fwiw there shouldn't be heat shrink over the foam....air needs to get through the foam so that the sensor can measure changing air pressure....the foam needs to be "open cell" which would allow you to blow air through it....a couple of tiny drops of contact cement or hot glue around the edge will hold it on there just fine.

glad it's fixable.