Fail safe/return home not working....

srbell

I've tried setting my mode switch to gps/atti/failsafe before, but the f/s return flight was extremely erratic to the point of almost crashing. So now with a new FC (replaced because it was an older unit and I've got a S800), I thought I'd try it agian with the 5.14 firmware. The unit goes into a large high speed toilet bowl and if you let it keep going it will come in and flip on the ground given the high speed counter clockwise flight path. Don't ask how I know lol. On top of that, after the unit flipped there was no shutting the motors off! I had to approach the unit with props desintegrating and I unplugged the power. This is crazy! Anyone have a clue what's going on?

FerdinandK

If it starts "toilette bowling" or begins to fly "erratic" you have of course to stop it immediately and switch back to Atti (or manual).

Did you calibrate the compass? Did you use the longest mast to mount the GPS sensor? Where is your GPS -sensor mounted? You can also try to add a CFK-plate (whatever thickness) with 5cm diameter below the GPS-Sensor, that really helps a lot.

Hope you can sort out the problem

best regards

Ferdinand

3dheliguy

Man you got something going on there. I would say check your compass calibration.. Make sure you calculated all your compass measurements correctly, plz refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axp2sdH2fbA this link will help you to go through the setup and check from a different perspective. Also make sure all you knobs and switches are disabled in you radio. I have found that if they are not then you will get some crazy sh*&t happening with your quad or hex.

Thats my advice good luck.

srbell

I'm using the longest mast and calibrated the compass. In GPS mode I have almost no TB and my heading is fine. I'll try the CF plate under the GPS and see if it helps. Right now Everything is mouted on a YSix Scarab, but I'll be transfering the WKM to a S800 so I'm not sure how much I'll mess with it. I've got the 900mhz data link so I'm hoping the return home function will actually work.

apeman88

Sounds like you have 2 issues.

#1. On toilet bowl... Did you set the GPS offset? If in West coast.. It should be approx 12 degrees to the right. You need to offset the GPS module from center or you'll get toilet bowl.

#2. Once WKM goes into fail safe mode... If you want to exit fail safe, you need to disengage fail safe first before switching from GPS mode to manual mode or it will not take it off fail safe. I learned the hard way too. So what I do now is to put fail safe on the trainer switch as it is a momentary switch. Once it enters fail safe.. You don't have to hold the switch anymore an in case you need to goto manual control... You can do so without forgetting to turn off fail safe.

Ken