Factory Build - 7 Months of Aerial Photos and Video

Efliernz

Pete
A commissioned photo-shoot recording the progress of a new factory building project. We have shot aerial stills every month using our r/c electric helicopter camera-ship.
The aerial video (by my diy HFP hex) was a trial and not commercial grade - but how often do you get a chance to fly around the inside of a factory? :highly_amused:
The hexacopter was not using a stabilized mount as I am still developing my new mount so there was some camera wobble.

The first two photos were not from the model heli but me hanging out the window of a C172... work work work :D

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Nice going Pete, love the aerial shots...but I am heli biased of course ;)
May I ask what the big containers are for inside the factory?

Ross

Efliernz

Pete
The containers at the end are acid baths / water baths for preparing steel for hot-dip zinc galvanizing. The middle bath down the long-side is a 15,000Kg 35,000 liter frying pan! That it the one that the liquid zinc is in. It was the biggist / heaviest bath as was the one being lifted into position by crane.

@Gunter - great stuff in the Museum. The multi's are perfect for video like this.

Pete

Macsgrafs

Like the video Gunter, nice age capture.

Pete, they are the sort of baths you dont want to fall into & have a soak then ;)

Ross