DYS 3 Axis Gimbal problems - Can anyone help please!

Board Version 1 - Firmware 2.3b4

When plugged into the GUI I get flashing lights but it is jittery and will not "lock" when I unplug it and try plugging in flight battery, I get nothing it just looks dead!

Any help would be much appreciated.

SoXy

You'll have jittering when only usb is plugged in - it is a 5v source and it's not enough for gimbal to operate. So you have to plug both usb and battery in when adjusting the settings in GUI.
I'd check the power lead of the gimbal first.
Have you tried pressing your finger on the third axis board? This sometimes does the trick.

You'll have jittering when only usb is plugged in - it is a 5v source and it's not enough for gimbal to operate. So you have to plug both usb and battery in when adjusting the settings in GUI.
I'd check the power lead of the gimbal first.
Have you tried pressing your finger on the third axis board? This sometimes does the trick.

I'll give those things a try. Thanks
Somebody said if you update with firmware above a certain number it bricks the controller completely, I take it that as I am getting flashing lights when plugged into the computer, that it is not bricked?

SoXy

I'm using the same firmware on my 8bit alexmos (dys smart gimbal v1) and have no problems whatsoever.