"Drone" Radio Live, Nov 18th, 9:00 PM EST (0200UTC), Jim Bowers from SARdrones.org plus more!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Originally aired November 18, 2015. There's 20 min of dead air before the video starts but it's processing and YT will have it removed very soon. Just skip ahead if you try to watch and the shorter version isn't up yet. Thanks!

"Drone" Radio Live returns this Wednesday, November 18th with special guest Jim Bowers of SARdrones.org!

View attachment 26826

"Drone" Radio Live.....

the world-wide video-webcast that live-streams the most up to date and complete collection of multi-rotor related news, information, and entertainment returns this Wednesday, November 18th at 9PM EST (0200 UTC)!

CLICK THIS LINK THE NIGHT OF THE SHOW TO TUNE IN!
http://www.youtube.com/user/multirotorforums/live

Our special guest will be Jim Bowers of SARdrones.org, an organization dedicated to providing Search and Rescue services using unmanned aircraft provided entirely by volunteers in all 50 states and in over 31 countries! Check the banner below to visit the website;
View attachment 26825

Patrick Egan is taking a well deserved vacation so we'll be discussing the latest news from sUASnews.com with Gene Robinson of RPFlightSystems.com.

Steve Maller, the first customer to take delivery of a Freefly Systems ALTA hexacopter will be calling in to let us know how his new purchase has been working out.

Scott Norton will try again to make his first appearance as our FPV correspondent with information about FPV racing leagues

Flying Cross Aerial Productions is our featured pro operator this week and founder Scott Hess will be calling in to speak with us!
View attachment 26827

As always, you'll also be able to call in and ask questions, show off your latest builds, report on a great piece of gear you've purchased, etc. Reach us via Skype during the show when indicated at DroneRadioLive1 or DroneRadioLive2.

It'll be a spankin' good time and at least an hour of the most up to date information available from the world's leading website for discussing ALL brands of multi-rotor helicopters, MultiRotorForums.com!

SPONSORED BY
View attachment 26828

Please join us on the 18th at 9PM Eastern (0200 UTC) via the link below;

http://www.youtube.com/user/multirotorforums/live

Follow us on Twitter at @DroneRadioLive

Join us to discuss "Drone" Radio Live at MultiRotorForums.com

Please email Bart at Bart@MultiRotorForums.com if you have questions about how to appear on "Drone" Radio Live or how to become a sponsor.

Thank you very much for reading, we'll see you live on the 18th!

Links for tonight's show;
www.multirotorforums.com
http://www.suasnews.com/2015/11/39971/faa-think-twice-about-drone-registration-firms/
http://www.suasnews.com/2015/11/40013/dji-introduces-new-geofencing-system-for-its-drones/
http://www.suasnews.com/2015/11/40059/gas-electric-quadcopter-2-5hr-endurance/
www.stevemaller.com
www.freeflysystems.com
www.sardrones.org
www.burningtribe.com/projects/2011-projects/clock
www.flyingcross.aero

Advertisers;
www.ALLeRC.com (new to MultiRotorForums.com this week)
www.multirotormania.com (show sponsor)

Attachments

• SARBanner17.jpg
    SARBanner17.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 500x150-show-banner.png
    500x150-show-banner.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 235
  • flyingcross_350x109.png
    flyingcross_350x109.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 203
  • multirotor-mania-logo-1441208691.jpg
    multirotor-mania-logo-1441208691.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:

ProfEngr

S.W.A.R.M. sounds like a good source of positive publicity for amateurs and pros alike in our hobby. Not that I relish the idea of someone needing the service, but I'd love to be able to participate in something like this. I've been seeing 'thermal' camera-on-board modules online lately. Those could be a very useful addition to an FPV/downlink if they have sufficient resolution. I've used a $50k handheld unit at work and while it's comparing apples to oranges it's amazing what you can see with one of those things.

Craziest things I learned were that a transparent sheet of plastic film (or glass) would totally hide anything behind it from view and almost any smooth surface can act like a mirror.

Bartman

we've got a great show lined up for tonight and the best part is, we're doing it live!! see me screw up right there on your monitor! see us miss cuts to Skype calls where the guest dozed off before we could make the call! watch as we get punked by callers that don't want to talk about multi-rotor helicopters but just scream obscenities at me! it's going to be a great time! lol

ProfEngr

what? no 7sec 'radio' delay so you can dump those turkeys? :rolleyes:
Bet it'll be good. Unfortunately, most of the time I'll have to catch the archive due to other commitments but I'll live stream when I can.

Old Man

S.W.A.R.M. sounds like a good source of positive publicity for amateurs and pros alike in our hobby. Not that I relish the idea of someone needing the service, but I'd love to be able to participate in something like this. I've been seeing 'thermal' camera-on-board modules online lately. Those could be a very useful addition to an FPV/downlink if they have sufficient resolution. I've used a $50k handheld unit at work and while it's comparing apples to oranges it's amazing what you can see with one of those things.

Craziest things I learned were that a transparent sheet of plastic film (or glass) would totally hide anything behind it from view and almost any smooth surface can act like a mirror.

P.E.,

Off topic but swarm technology is getting heavily worked at Camp Roberts in California. BTW, a thin film of water renders back scatter search X-ray totally useless. The product cannot "see" through a thin film of sweat.

Bartman

added list o' links for tonight's show to the first post. archived video will be embedded at the top of the first post later tonight once it's available.

will add more as necessary :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Just got out here to Drone Radio Live headquarters to prepare for the show. Looking forward to it - looking like an interesting line-up for this evening.

Hope to see you all there!

Old Man

Bart,

AMA insurance coverage extends to pretty much anywhere as long as the flying is conducted in a manner that complies with AMA safety regulations. As you mentioned, AMA insurance is secondary to any other insurance coverage you may have, such as homeowners.

Bartman

The episode from last night didn't auto-archive so I'm trying to figure out why and see if it can be recovered. If anyone has a friend at youtube that can look into this I'd love to hear from you!

Bartman

well, no word back on our archive file so it looks like we'll be installing a hard drive so we can record the show as we're streaming it live. that'll give us a safety net for when the archive file goes missing in the cloud.

:(

ProfEngr

Oh snap. I was looking forward to hearing the guest speaker from SAR. I only had time to catch about 10min at about 10min into the show.

Darson Hall

Hey Bart, Caught the show last night (missed the first 40 min but saw the rest). Looking better—graphics, web pages... All you need now is a snappy little jingle to open and close. Maybe esc's chirping out 'Come Fly With Me'? Nice work!

Bartman

Finally a lucky break, Episode 3 has been recovered and will be uploaded ASAP. I thought we already had a lost episode!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Finally a lucky break, Episode 3 has been recovered and will be uploaded ASAP. I thought we already had a lost episode!

A rare lost episode, unearthed after generations, from way back when people had to actually fly drones using radio control, back before the era of mind controlled flight controllers....

Bartman

There's 20 min of dead air before the video starts but it's being edited out as we speak, skip ahead to about 20:30 if the dead air hasn't been taken out yet when you go to watch it.