Droidworx ADX3 or AD6 Hexa?

Dudez

Getting a new frame after the new year and need some advise on which to get.

I will only use GoPro and maybe a little heavier camera in future. Parts I have for the new frame are 6 x AXI 2217/20 motors with Maytech 30A esc, Graupner 11/5, APC 10/4.7, WKM, 9Ch JR Radio and ATO Ground Station to frame my video shots.

Anyone has opinion on the ADX3 and AD6 hexa in term of flying characteristic, stability etc ?

I read somewhere that the ADX3 offers redundancy but not the AD6?

Any opinion or suggestion on which one to getor maybe other 6 motor frame beside droidworx?

Thanks

Duddy

Macsgrafs

Yep the ADX3 does offer redundancy, as do all octo's. I cant advise what one is right for you, but if you want safety, then either one of those 2 I have mentioned would be fine. I chose a Droidworx SJ8 for the same reason & have never looked back. I have found from watching YT videos that the moire motors, the more stable the platform...check some out on youtube & see what you think.

Ross

Dudez

Thanks Ross, I'd love the SJ8 or even SJ6 but they are out of my budget :-( but they will be on my next upgrade list!

How about flying wise in between the X3 and the hexa? which is more stable?

Bowley

Yep the ADX3 does offer redundancy, as do all octo's. I cant advise what one is right for you, but if you want safety, then either one of those 2 I have mentioned would be fine. I chose a Droidworx SJ8 for the same reason & have never looked back. I have found from watching YT videos that the moire motors, the more stable the platform...check some out on youtube & see what you think.

Ross

Yeah thats something I have kind of subconciously twigged on to as well through YT/Vimeo, it does seem the more motors the more stable the video, but I think only applies in the flat configuration. I have an X8 but its no more stable than my quad. I think its a trade off and compromise as is everything to do with flight. the more stable a platform the more it is affected by wind. I dont know because I've never used a hex or octo, but I have heard it generally accepted that Y6, X8 configurations perform better in wind.

Dudez

Yeah thats something I have kind of subconciously twigged on to as well through YT/Vimeo, it does seem the more motors the more stable the video, but I think only applies in the flat configuration. I have an X8 but its no more stable than my quad. I think its a trade off and compromise as is everything to do with flight. the more stable a platform the more it is affected by wind. I dont know because I've never used a hex or octo, but I have heard it generally accepted that Y6, X8 configurations perform better in wind.

That's also what I heard and have shorter flights then the flat configs on the same battery?