Mikrokopter Double buzzer?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
This AD-8 makes a lot more noise than the MK Octo and consequently the feeble buzzer is practically inaudible. Do you think there would be any harm in fitting more than one buzzer?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It is referred to as a buzzer but a more descriptive name would be beeper. It is the little black round doobree that emits a fascinating array of beeps that are supposed to enlighten you on a whole swathe of tech info - in theory. In practice I suspect most people understand little more than when it confirms which parameter set is being loaded and when it tells you the battery is low. Yesterday there were odd beeps going off in the air and I have not the faintest idea what they signified.

It is possible that somewhere in that megalithic, rambling MK wiki there is a page explaining the beeps.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Ooo, thanks. That is a very neat unit - and it doesn't even require any plumbing.

Have you ever deciphered the various beeps that go off seemingly randomly?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Ooo, thanks. That is a very neat unit - and it doesn't even require any plumbing.

That unit doesn't make different beeps. It stays quiet until the battery is low, then it screams at you...and yes, you can hear it quite far away!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

If you are talking about the MK buzzer they all mean something! Like at calibration the beeps tells you what peramitter set you are in..

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
That unit doesn't make different beeps. It stays quiet until the battery is low, then it screams at you...and yes, you can hear it quite far away!

Er ... thanks Gunter ! As a dedicated low battery device that plugs straight into the LiPo balance connector I kind of figured that one out.

No, my question on deciphering the different beeps was referring to the MK FC buzzer. Set-up, calibration and parameter confirmations aside, I am wondering what the odd beeps are for between the take-off procedure and the low battery warning, not counting the audible altitude change signal, and whether there is any documentation that gives a basic list. Once in the air I have to assume that beeps are either a simple notification of something or some sort of alarm but ... there ain't much point in being told "something might be about to fail" if there is no indication what that something is.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Unbelievable. A fine example of why the UK really pees me off and why I don't live there. One of those buzzers is £7.99. Postage to Paris is £9.20.

Ridiculous.