DJI Popeller exploded, Russian Roulett

lorbass

I didn't want to hear so I had to feel.
DJI Propeller 10 x 4.5 exploded on 12 m altitude while hoovering. The result a crash 3m beside me.
F550 Frame,Motors, ESC's with FPV equippment, 2.1 kg, 12 hours since new.
One experience is enoughe. Props and Motors changed to Graupner and AXI
Problem reported to DJI with Picture. No reaction or answer.
View attachment 5545

Attachments

• Bruchstelle Propeller.jpg
    Bruchstelle Propeller.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 229

VINHEX

Nightmare, with this type of product you would think they would sort the prop issue out, There must have been shed loads of complaints about this. I sent one saying "There has been a number of reports of DJI Props breaking are you looking into this issue and if so what do you recommend"

Reply: Speak to dealer..

Nice one thanks...

lorbass

In this case, the same proverbe is valid for DJI.

If they do not want to hear they have to feel.

They will feel, if nowbody uses this product.

Perhaps it takes some time, but then the image is lost.

VINHEX

There is a note not to over tighten, It would be an advantage to supply the torque settings in the manual! I'm sure everyone would buy a mini torque wrench to make sure that our birds wont drop out of the sky.

It's not happened to me as yet... But I'm only learning so don't fly too high or push the Hex around a lot. I know for sure I will be changing once I feel that I'm confident to push her to a different level.

Totality

The Op's picture doesn't look like it was a result of the prop snapping around the shaft due to over tightening, but the actual prop itself sheared off!

I have been flying fine on 10" and 8" DJI stock props for 2 weeks and haven't been taking it easy. I have now swapped to Graupner, not because of performance, but because I keep reading about them snapping. I feel it is just a matter of time before I find out the hard way! Maybe I never would, but didn't want to take the risk anymore!

Bella7821

I didn't want to hear so I had to feel.
DJI Propeller 10 x 4.5 exploded on 12 m altitude while hoovering. The result a crash 3m beside me.
F550 Frame,Motors, ESC's with FPV equippment, 2.1 kg, 12 hours since new.
One experience is enoughe. Props and Motors changed to Graupner and AXI
Problem reported to DJI with Picture. No reaction or answer.
View attachment 7381

Your crash is no new news, I've had three crashes due to the stock props breaking. Even had one crash with the new 16mm dia. Hub. It seems try broke about 15-20 flights in.
Luckily all of them were recorded and my 2nd one took out my NAZA and DJI saw the video and shipped me a new NAZA.
I only use Graupners now.