DJI PHANTOM - SEA LANDING > into F450 transplant

SamJolliff

Hey All,

Saw a few posts around querying if you can take apart the phantom and use all its parts and turn it into an F450, the answer is YES.
Luckily enough i was flying my Phantom in the Bahamas a few weeks ago and decided to land it in the sea, so this may also help anyone else who unfortunately does the same thing :)

I recovered my phantom from the shallows which had immediately sunk it was lucky i didn't have my zenmuse on and the GoPro was in a housing! disconnected the battery which was toast and rinsed it thoroughly with fresh water, when i got back to where i was staying i took everything apart and mixed a denatured alcohol and fresh water solution and again rinsed everything thoroughly.
Leaving it to dry out on top of a generator for a few days, after that lots of electrical corrosion inhibitor was used and it turned out 2 motors were stuck and 2 ESC motor drivers.

Took apart the motors and lubed them up and they were fine, but to be safe i ordered some new EMAX motors nearly the same as standard and also the new ESC boards.
When that arrived all back together and it was all working YAY :)

NEXT: with zenmuse etc the weight of phantom getting a little heavy and unstable, looked around online and a few people said technically its possible to transplant everything from phantom onto and F450 frame so i thought i would give it a go.
turns out it is, and is great in flight! so much more stable and rigid.

few photos below.

View attachment 16759View attachment 16760View attachment 16761

hope this may help some people :)

Sam

Attachments

• IMG_2439.jpg
    IMG_2439.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2557.jpg