DJI Phantom 2 Vision Altimeter Question

Hello,
While the Quad is sitting on the ground and I'm waiting for the satellites to lock onto the Quad, I see the altitude start creeping up. The altitude will start at about 8 feet and about the time the satellites lock in, the altitude is showing 25 feet. When I land the Quad about 20 minutes later, the altitude is at 47 feet. I'm using the DJI App for Android.
Has anyone seen this problem and know how to fix this?

Thanks

MrTommy

Hello,
While the Quad is sitting on the ground and I'm waiting for the satellites to lock onto the Quad, I see the altitude start creeping up. I'm using the DJI App for Android.
Has anyone seen this problem and know how to fix this? Thanks

Mine does that too, though I haven't paid much attention to it. I have no idea why it does that either, unless it has something to do with acquiring satellites for the GPS mode.

I've since added a Flytrex Core to mine and figure the altitude readings 'might' be more accurate, though it uses (I think) the same info that the Phantom uses. And I don't know if there's really an altitude difference until I upload my 'mission' to Flytrex - and by that time I've forgotten what the Android app said - ha. :shame:

[btw, do you still have your 383 Super Bee?]

I got a lot of trees around me so I make sure I fly high enough to make up the difference in altitude.
Thanks for your reply and yes, I do still have the superbee. It is a 1970.