DJI F550 W/ E300 Lift capabilities?

Fydaman

Pretty new to the forum and the hobby. I currently have been logging as much practice as possible with the basic F550 with E300 propulsion. I noticed the esc were dropped from 30a to 15a and I don't really know how much I can lift. I would like to lift a Nex or GH camera since they are fairly small with whatever gimbal... Is this possible? I'm currently running A gopro hero 3 hard mounted because I bought all the stuff to get into the hobby at one time which adds up really quick... Really interested in hearing your feedback...

On a side note... My FPV setup is in the mail... And in waiting like a kid on Christmas...

min0nim

Pretty new at this myself, but I stuck a nex very tentatively on my E300 F550 a few nights ago. It lifted, but needed a lot of throttle. I had quite a heavy lens on though. The ESC's weren't very hot after, but the setup needs further testing.

This was all without landing gear - when that comes in I'll feel more confident about testing it properly!

Also, I read a thread by a DJI engineer who said the E300's will comfortably do 25amps, but they don't rate them that high because they know hobbyists will push the boundaries.

I'm not suggesting that you're not risking things with a big load on the E300's, but there probably is a bit of lee-way with them.

Now hopefully someone who knows better will school us both :)

RobBurn

Pretty new to the forum and the hobby. I currently have been logging as much practice as possible with the basic F550 with E300 propulsion. I noticed the esc were dropped from 30a to 15a and I don't really know how much I can lift. I would like to lift a Nex or GH camera since they are fairly small with whatever gimbal... Is this possible? I'm currently running A gopro hero 3 hard mounted because I bought all the stuff to get into the hobby at one time which adds up really quick... Really interested in hearing your feedback...

On a side note... My FPV setup is in the mail... And in waiting like a kid on Christmas...

I have the latest f50 as well. E300 and stock dji props.
With it all stock and the tall dji white landing geat with zippy 4s 5000mah i would get 18 minutes flying around with some hovering. I added the dji stuff - 3d gimbal, mark ii, 5.8 vtx and gopro black 3+. With the same lipo i land it at 14 minutes. I have 14v 1st and 13v 2nd. I make sure im with a couple hundred feet at 14-14.5 and when it hits 14 i land it so im typically at 13.3-13.5 when it shuts off. The weight is 2275g grams.

I plan to go with 4s 8000 mah, i thinking i can get a solid 15-18 minutes but ill see. Looking to stay under the 2800 g max weight. I have a 12v bec and a switch servo with leds, need to add that and i believe im good.

enjoy