Did some FPV yesterday...

:) For the 1st time in a long time and it went very well. I have only flown FPV with the Hexa a handfull of times and was very nervous but we have some potential gigs coming up that forces me to get comfortable quickly...yesterday was a good 1st step.

We flew at a golf course on a Par 3 so it wasn't too far of a flight, just fly throughs of the hole as this is what we need to be doing for up to 18 holes a course. We needed to figure out a workable timetable per hole so we can charge appropriately. The Hexa flew great, no signs of interference with the 2.4ghz DX8 and my 900mhz video TX/RX. Like I said it was as short hole so I'm still not sure how I feel about flying a par 4 or 5 in one fly over, it might just be too far. This may require some good editing, not ideal but better than a lost craft.

I just wanted to report some more pretty good news with the MKTR and my FPV rig. The footage was pretty good, not great but probably usable for a real shoot with the right stabilization. It was also very windy so the fact that we got any usable material is a good thing. I will post some if we don't end up using it in the proposal. Or I will post the lesser of the material but that really does no good either. So???

After the golf hole flights I flew at my business partners condos. They have some beef with their association and the roofs. I took it up and did a slow panoramic FPV with PH and AH on. I just found a good spot and height and used some rudder to pan while using the DX8 knob for camera up and down. THIS TURNED OUT AMAZING! It was the 1st time I had tried this for looking at specific things and with the FPV it was so easy and made me think of many more commercial applications. It also made me think for the 1st time I need zoom while in flight, Never thought I'd need it! Needless to say they got the footage and proof that they needed.

Those that know me a little know that I've been down on my venture but My spirits are up from a month or so ago as I'm rejuvenated in this venture. I still do not have the mount base plate so thinking things could still get better. It just feels good to fly again and not be completely frustrated! Hope the weather and MK gods will shine on you and I this year. Happy flying!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Way to go! I find flying the Hexa FPV to be a lot less stressful than flying the Hoverfly through FPV, there's something reassuring about knowing you can click on A/H and position hold and the MK will just sit there and wait for you to catch up, plus there's the ability to click into come home and it will find its own way back (just make sure there's enough altitude to clear any obstacles between the two points!)

I took the FPV gear with me to the field yesterday but never took it out of the truck, wind was blowing far to hard for anything other than direct LOS. Still it felt great to get out and do more than fly back and forth in the street in front of the house.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
eric,
glad to hear things continue to improve. don't underestimate the home/building inspection option for these things. i met with a local home inspector to do a demo this past week and it came up that there's also the opportunity to provide documentation for legal cases which is another level above inspections but they go together.
it's all good but man does it take time to get things perfect.
bart